Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
was hoping the Leafs would draw Tampa just so the Leafs and Raptors can eliminate their Boston opponents simultaneously.

should be a great series. I think it'll go 6 or 7, slightly favoring Boston, but could go either way. If things go badly in the first few games, I really hope the Leafs utilize their advantage of speed and sub out Komarov, Polak, and Plekanec and roll with Johnsson, Carrick, and Aaltonen. Take a punt on the kids - they could outperform.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
anyone else find it a little strange that the jets series is on days we are off but theirs isnt on cbc? that time slot on cbc is pens flyers. i bet that pisses jets fans off

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
was hoping the Leafs would draw Tampa just so the Leafs and Raptors can eliminate their Boston opponents simultaneously.

should be a great series. I think it'll go 6 or 7, slightly favoring Boston, but could go either way. If things go badly in the first few games, I really hope the Leafs utilize their advantage of speed and sub out Komarov, Polak, and Plekanec and roll with Johnsson, Carrick, and Aaltonen. Take a punt on the kids - they could outperform.
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any of those three to be removed from the lineup.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

If you think that Aaltonen/Carrick are any kind of "advantage", then I suggest that you re-think your...

Reactions: NiftyMits

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
anyone else find it a little strange that the jets series is on days we are off but theirs isnt on cbc? that time slot on cbc is pens flyers. i bet that pisses jets fans off

We don't NEED to worry about their feelings. We do this too much in the NHL.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
you can watch on sportsnet, you wont miss it i just find it funny that rogers wouldnt put both on CBC

That's good news than, thanks! And yes it is strange, I guess WPG just gets no respect at all which is kind of sad.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
you can watch on sportsnet, you wont miss it i just find it funny that rogers wouldnt put both on CBC

If the Flyers/Pens series is anything like the last time they met, I'd rather watch that series. With Suter out, Minny is a heavy underdog.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
One team is built for playoff hockey and the other isn't. These aren't Dave Nonis' Leafs. This soft group are about to get bullied by Marchand and Co. Regular season results mean nothing.. this is a nightmare matchup for the Leafs.

Expect the Bruins to take liberties with this soft team, early and often. The Leafs have no answer for the Bruins heavy, physical style. Boston has several players who know the price you have to pay, in order to win in the playoffs. The Leafs really don't. The Leafs don't have the fortitude to be able to compete in this series.

Dave's not here, man.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Dave's not here, man.
ZomboMeme 09042018081544.jpg

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I really didn't want to face Boston. But no changing that now, and it isn't better to dwell on 'what if.' Boston it is, so be it.

So make me proud, Toronto. Get a win and give us Leafs fans something to rub in Bruins fans faces. I've endured years of "thank you Kessel" and "it was 4-1" from Boston fans, and I just can't take any more. I need a win in this series, and this is a team I really believe can do it!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Boston is a tough matchup for the first round.
So up in the air.
Pretty close to 50/50.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This is going to be a great series. Time to see who carries regular season over to playoffs.
I think Boston/Toronto and Pittsburgh/Philly have the potential to be the 2 greatest series of round 1.
Very exciting now that the real season has started.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Hoping Marleau excels in this series. McAvoy has been solid but if he is going to play 20-25 minutes we need to go after him hard.

TyBo, time to showcase whatever you have saved up from the regular season. 11 goals and declining production ain't going to get it done for you on July 1st.

Win game 1 and put all the pressure on the Bruins in game 2.

Reactions: NoTouchIcing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad