Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Martin is practicing on...defense?

giphy.webp

Martin is no higher than 3rd on the list of forwards to play if needed (Johnsson and Leivo before him) while Carrick is the next option for defense. Martin is unlikely to play even if our forwads get hurt and Carrick might get in even if our defense stays healthy so why not let Carrick practice as a pairing instead of just taking odd line rushes or what not. Beneficial for Carrick, doesn't matter for Martin as he shouldn't play this series.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If the Flyers/Pens series is anything like the last time they met, I'd rather watch that series. With Suter out, Minny is a heavy underdog.

right but wouldn't you say it would make more sense for the jets on CBC and philly/pens on sportsnet. Then again sportsnet probably wants at least one game on their branded channel

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
It's going to be a tough series, maybe the toughest of the entire playoffs for either team. I want the Leafs to win, but it wont be a walk in the park. I hope for a well fought battle and exciting hockey. Unfortunately for these 2 powerhouses, one will be going home early by virtue of the stupid division layout. This really should be an ECF matchup so lets hope it is an exciting enough series that the one going home at least enjoyed the little playoffs they had.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
This is going to be tough guys dont be mistaken and dont be cocky even if were up because one play can change the series. With that said, f*** the Bruins

Go leafs

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Martin is no higher than 3rd on the list of forwards to play if needed (Johnsson and Leivo before him) while Carrick is the next option for defense. Martin is unlikely to play even if our forwads get hurt and Carrick might get in even if our defense stays healthy so why not let Carrick practice as a pairing instead of just taking odd line rushes or what not. Beneficial for Carrick, doesn't matter for Martin as he shouldn't play this series.

With all due respect, you're speaking factually here. Are you Mike Babcock?

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
We've got probably the best 4th line defensivly of the NHL, if we intelligently can use that strenght and Komarov-Plekanec-Kapanen can play well enough defensivly to send him against bergeron line and slow him down enough. Plekanec have an history to playing really well against Bergeron so why don't use it.

Kadri line will eat krejci one
Matthews line will destroy Boston 3rd line
Bozak line will destroy Boston 4th line

Any line who will playing against bergeron line will not score a lot, our 4th line will not score a lot of goal so instead of losing production of a line like MAtthews or Kadri line can brought...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
We've got probably the best 4th line defensivly of the NHL, if we intelligently can use that strenght and Komarov-Plekanec-Kapanen can play well enough defensivly to send him against bergeron line and slow him down enough. Plekanec have an history to playing really well against Bergeron so why don't use it.

Kadri line will eat krejci one
Matthews line will destroy Boston 3rd line
Bozak line will destroy Boston 4th line

Any line who will playing against bergeron line will not score a lot, our 4th line will not score a lot of goal so instead of losing production of a line like MAtthews or Kadri line can brought...

Any such strategy you suggest is only available when Leafs are at home and have last change .. In Boston the Bruins get to dictate the match- ups for the most part.

Either way I'm expecting Matthews and Kadri to be going against Bergeron and Krecji head to head with Bozak verses Riley Nash and then 4th lines vs 4th lines.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
i just hope Babs is willing to put his trust in our skilled players over our heavy ones

Let’s hope so. If he doesn’t play Matthews, Nylander, Marner more it doesn’t make sense. He needs to shorten the bench as the game goes on if we are in a close game.

I don’t want to lose a playoff game because Polak has trouble passing it to an open man and ices the puck and Bergeron line feasts on Bozak’s line to score an important goal.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Let’s hope so. If he doesn’t play Matthews, Nylander, Marner more it doesn’t make sense. He needs to shorten the bench as the game goes on if we are in a close game.

I don’t want to lose a playoff game because Polak has trouble passing it to an open man and ices the puck and Bergeron line feasts on Bozak’s line to score an important goal.
pretty sure in the last playoffs Komarov had the 2nd most minutes among forwards. if he tries shit like that again we don't have a chance

Reactions: Pi

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
pretty sure in the last playoffs Komarov had the 2nd most minutes among forwards. if he tries **** like that again we don't have a chance

God bless us if Komarov is even top 9 in minutes for forwards. He’s a shell of a shell of his former self.

Babcock admitted that Nylander, Matthews and Marner aren’t normal people/players. I’m assuming he will play them well.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
pretty sure in the last playoffs Komarov had the 2nd most minutes among forwards. if he tries **** like that again we don't have a chance

Last year uncle Leo was 2nd in TOI/g ... but keep in mind he is one of the only players that plays 5v5, PK and PP.

ATOI/g last playoffs for forwards

Auston Matthews ..........20:18
Leo Komarov .....................19:37
Nazem Kadri .....................19:22
Tyler Bozak ........................18:45
William Nylander........... 18:41
Zach Hyman..................... 18:29
Connor Brown...................18:14
Mitch Marner.....................17:48
James van Riemsdyk ..17:38

Toronto Maple Leafs 2017 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - ESPN

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
LWCRW

BRAD MARCHAND

Rating: 84.2#2 LW

PATRICE BERGERON

Rating: 84.1#4 C

DAVID PASTRNAK

Rating: 80.7#6 RW

JAKE DEBRUSK

Rating: 76.2#21 LW

DAVID KREJCI

Rating: 75.9#48 C

DAVID BACKES

Rating: 73.5#83 RW

DANTON HEINEN

Rating: 74.3#40 LW

RYAN DONATO

Rating: 74.8#59 C

BRIAN GIONTA

Rating: 71.3#66 RW

TIM SCHALLER

Rating: 70.0#110 LW

NOEL ACCIARI

Rating: 69.7#195 C

TOMMY WINGELS

Rating: 70.8#163 RW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

When I look at their line combinations, I don't see how they measure up with us other than they are all playing above their heads. If I am JVR and TyBo I am licking my lips. Two UFAs playing against a couple of rookies and an old man who's best before date expired when he was with the Habs.

Reactions: Brown Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad