Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
LWCRW

DANTON HEINEN

Rating: 74.3#40 LW

RYAN DONATO

Rating: 74.8#59 C

BRIAN GIONTA

Rating: 71.3#66 RW

TIM SCHALLER

Rating: 70.0#110 LW

NOEL ACCIARI

Rating: 69.7#195 C

TOMMY WINGELS

Rating: 70.8#163 RW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
When I look at their line combinations, I don't see how they measure up with us other than they are all playing above their heads. If I am JVR and TyBo I am licking my lips. Two UFAs playing against a couple of rookies and an old man who's best before date expired when he was with the Habs.

Yeah that 3rd and 4th line don't compete with ours at all.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Any such strategy you suggest is only available when Leafs are at home and have last change .. In Boston the Bruins get to dictate the match- ups for the most part.

Either way I'm expecting Matthews and Kadri to be going against Bergeron and Krecji head to head with Bozak verses Riley Nash and then 4th lines vs 4th lines.

Yeah sure Boston will try to send Bergeron line against matthews one but babcock is one of smartest coach in the NHL.

Defensive faceoff, leafs can send Plekanec line so if Boston want to use Bergeron line on offensive faceoff, they will not have any other choice to send him against 4th line. If our 4th line is on the ice against any other line and they won the faceoff, they can immediatly came back to the bench and switch. offensive playoff, we can send any lines and if we losing the faceoff, nothing prevents a change just after losing the faceoff. Still have some ways to do it in Boston.

But yeah sure we will not be able to send 4th line everytime against bergeron in Boston, but the less often that Matthews / Marner are going to have Bergeron on their backs, the more they will be able to contribute offensively.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
God bless us if Komarov is even top 9 in minutes for forwards. He’s a shell of a shell of his former self.

Babcock admitted that Nylander, Matthews and Marner aren’t normal people/players. I’m assuming he will play them well.
You'd have to assume he will be unless they manage to stay out of the box.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
I was back and forth in who I'd like to play in round 1 but now that we got the Bruins it seems meant to be. This team gets to exercise the demons of old and send a message to the rest of the league that they're legit. Matchup wise I hope Babs just puts Matthews out against Bergeron and let them go to town. Early returns will obviously dictate this but he's such a possession monster that they won't have the puck as much and thus won't be able to score. Its also a vote of confidence from the coach letting his young star know he feels he's ready to take on the elite when the stakes are at their highest. Also feel like Kadri, Marner, Marleau will dominate any other matchup than Bergeron so let them do damage while the big boys cancel eachother out. Needless to say I'm pretty frickin excited! Go Leafs Go!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I can not f***ing read the series thread in the playoffs forum, I am already agitated by the people who are underestimating the Leafs. Think that it will be a short series for the Bruins.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
button last night was analyzing how the b's can be beat with pressure on the forecheck and quick passes in the offensive zone which the panthers did so effectively last night

as always our speed will be key

on the backend, our d will have to pick up the boston forwards earlier at the red line instead and pressuring it back into their zone instead of letting them dump it in our corner and run free to cycle

their d will be hard pinching as well and that's where we get in trouble

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I can not ****ing read the series thread in the playoffs forum, I am already agitated by the people who are underestimating the Leafs. Think that it will be a short series for the Bruins.

Not sure how you can count out a team with Auston Matthews and as much depth as we have.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
It seems pretty simple, if the Leafs skate and keep the pressure on like they've shown they can, they should be moving on to the 2nd round.

My only real concern is does Marchand "accidentally on purpose" injure someone before the series ends?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It seems pretty simple, if the Leafs skate and keep the pressure on like they've shown they can, they should be moving on to the 2nd round.

My only real concern is does Marchand "accidentally on purpose" injure someone before the series ends?
Without a doubt he'll do something stupid. Hopefully the Leafs don't lose anyone because of it.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
playoff time baby

i fully expect both rick and riley will be available for them and in the lineup on thurs

Rick was supposed to return from concussion last night. They may have postpones it. Either way they are better with the Nashes. If we play like we did vs TB and Nashville for 60 minutes, we got this.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
One thing that worries me is our third line. They've been good because they have been feeding on opposing teams depth now without Marner on it, as moving him off the line meant teams didn't match against them as much. Now they'll likely suit up against a line of DeBrusk-Krejci-Backes, and I am very pessimistic about that matchup.

I don't understand this overconfidence in our depth. Bruins are one of the few teams in the league that can match us in that regard. I might have seen a mismatch of fourth lines if we kept that dominant line together, but otherwise I don't think we have much of an advantage in that regard. And even that is highly doubtful given that they are likely to have Riley Nash on their fourth line.

Reactions: Pi and Budsfan

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins fan here. Their recent bottom 6 is going to be nothing like what it has been recently with players coming back from injury. Nobody knows what the actual line-up will be because they've never had all forwards playing at the same time since Rick Nash was acquired.

This can be locked in though:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-X
X-Riley Nash-X
Schaller-Kuraly-X
X
Wingels, Gionta

Donato has been one of the more dangerous players since he joined the team, and showed good chemistry with Krejci, but the safe, boring thing to do would be to sit him. I disagree with that considering the Bruins could use mroe players like him vs. the Leafs, but if that happens, you'd probably see:

DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick Nash (played together before Nash went down, decent chemistry, nothing special)
Heinen-Riley Nash-Backes (go-to 3rd line pre-Nash, probably the safe bet)
Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari (usual 4th line)
Donato

I would like to see:

DeBrusk-Krejci-Donato
Heinen-Riley Nash-Rick Nash
Schaller-Kuraly-Backes
Acciari

Heinen could be anywhere as well. He's played with Krejci, Riley Nash/Backes, and even the 4th line at the start of the year.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Key is to keep Matthews away from Bergeron at home and will need contributions from the 2nd and 3rd lines when we’re in Boston. Any points from Matthews in Boston should be seen as a bonus

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Bruins fan here. Their recent bottom 6 is going to be nothing like what it has been recently with players coming back from injury. Nobody knows what the actual line-up will be because they've never had all forwards playing at the same time since Rick Nash was acquired.

This can be locked in though:

DeBrusk-Krejci-X
X-Riley Nash-X
Schaller-Kuraly-X
X
Wingels, Gionta

Donato has been one of the more dangerous players since he joined the team, and showed good chemistry with Krejci, but the safe, boring thing to do would be to sit him. I disagree with that considering the Bruins could use mroe players like him vs. the Leafs, but if that happens, you'd probably see:

DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick Nash (played together before Nash went down, decent chemistry, nothing special)
Heinen-Riley Nash-Backes (go-to 3rd line pre-Nash, probably the safe bet)
Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari (usual 4th line)
Donato

I would like to see:

DeBrusk-Krejci-Donato
Heinen-Riley Nash-Rick Nash
Schaller-Kuraly-Backes
Acciari

Heinen could be anywhere as well. He's played with Krejci, Riley Nash/Backes, and even the 4th line at the start of the year.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad