Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
Can somone please put Auston Matthews head on the Hulk throwing the bear gif. If it's not already done.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It's almost perfect in a sense. This organization has completely turned itself around, now we have the chance to eliminate one last painful memory that has become symbolic of all our past failings. I see opportunity.

Reactions: BTP and AppsSyl

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Does everyone agree this is the playoff that Matthews becomes a legend?

I can't see the Bruins being able to hold him at bay. The only way is if they manage to knock him out. If they can't, there's no stopping the Leafs.

It's Auston's time.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Does everyone agree this is the playoff that Matthews becomes a legend?

I can't see the Bruins being able to hold him at bay. The only way is if they manage to knock him out. If they can't, there's no stopping the Leafs.

It's Auston's time.
They can put the best head-to-head center in the last 20 years on him. You should probably temper your expectations.

The one big issue for Boston is they can shut down Matthews and still lose. Bergeron can't stop 4 lines.
They'll roll three strong lines. They are not a one line team.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
This is the first time this decade that I won't be working nights. I am going to thoroughly enjoy these playoffs.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
pretty sure in the last playoffs Grabovski had the 2nd most minutes among forwards. if he tries **** like that again we don't have a chance

Time travel edit. ;)

I am sorry, but the pre-Komarov bashing is getting crazy. Let him have 30 seconds of ice time before you declare his beheading.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
That's good news than, thanks! And yes it is strange, I guess WPG just gets no respect at all which is kind of sad.
Perhaps analysts see peg series with injured wild as sure sweep in 4 games and then schedule spots are empty for 3 evenings. Pit-phi series could go 7, so whey will get more games, better ratings and whole lot more of ads revenue.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
For me it may come down to how well the leafs D will be able to handle to bruins forecheck...

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
For me it may come down to how well the leafs D will be able to handle to bruins forecheck...

Which is precisely why, over the longrun, I don't think the Leafs beat the Bruins in a 7 game series.

Might win a few games, but I fully expect, much like last season's series against the Capitals, for the forecheck to eventually wear down the Toronto blueline.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Let's. Do. This!

gh1eVnO.jpg

Reactions: MattySnipes and Pi

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
we shall see, but i mean all you can really do is punish them for it by winning. he's one of the players that will get less rope with player safety and if he does something dumb could realistically be suspended
This is why we have been working on developing a lethal pp. Teams are going to be coached to stay out of the penalty box.
Our pp is a deterrent in its own right. Yes there will still be cheap shots but if we consistently punish them on the score sheet that will stop

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
This is why we have been working on developing a lethal pp. Teams are going to be coached to stay out of the penalty box.
Our pp is a deterrent in its own right. Yes there will still be cheap shots but if we consistently punish them on the score sheet that will stop
thats the plan, our pp should be feared...could be the difference. the past month its been absolutely lethal

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
A healthy Marner this post-season, remember he had mono last year around this time and we still had one hell of a series against the caps. He's been pretty dominant against Boston in his first 2 years, he will be the mvp for us in the first round (just my prediction)

Reactions: Tak7

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Whistle tend to get put away in the post season, more so the bigger the games get (JVR taking elbow to face from Kelly in game 7 the last time around with the Bs). I foresee much dirty play going uncalled, though for some reason Bruins fans on their board seem convinced Leafs will be getting 4-5 PP’s a game and that they’ll be fighting both the Leafs and refs.

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Here comes the Roman Colosseum, I mean Boston Gardens at playoff time. These fans are bloodthirsty, the noise will be overwhelming, many of the Leafs will experience body work like they’ve never imagined. Did you see how Chara walloped a Florida Panther last night? Imagine you’re poor 175 pound Mitch Marner looking at that giant? (And on a side note, I believe that Chara’s incredible size and wingspan has a huge effect-he might be 41 and slower, but he’d be the one guy I’d love to see miss the series).

If we can survive game 1 then I think we have a great chance, I’ll be holding my breath. Let’s not kid ourselves, this series will be ncredibly taxing (just finished looking at the predictions of he 14 writers at nhl.com and they have it 10-4 in favour of the Bruins).

Since we are abandoning our true identity as a run and gun offensive dynamo by playing Komarov and not Johnsson (Komarov really slows things down), wouldn’t it be nice to go one step further and put Matt Martin against Marchand every shift and pummel him at every chance? I know it’s wishful thinking, and they are both left wingers but.......

And we finally have a healthy Austin Matthews! Anyone who has watched most of the Leafs regular season games knows that while he’s missed 25 games to injury, he hasn’t been at his best in another 20 or so. Don’t think those nhl.com writers are that on top of subtleties like that, he can be the difference.

Despite the disappointing loss to New Jersey, I was relieved to see the old sharp Fred Anderson back, that to me was the key to that game.

All of this and probably most importantly-will the refs call it the same as in the regular season-this is what I’ll be watching for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad