Player Discussion Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf

A little after 14 mins Granato talks about Cozens. They view him as a huge core player imo.

Peca did specifically say on the instigators that of all the Sabres prospects, Cozens has the best shot at becoming a Selke level 2 way center. He just has that kind of size, speed, mentality and work ethic to get there.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Peca did specifically say on the instigators that of all the Sabres prospects, Cozens has the best shot at becoming a Selke level 2 way center. He just has that kind of size, speed, mentality and work ethic to get there.
Once he puts on a few more pounds of muscle- he's going to be a menace. Just has to play a smart north-south game and limit the times he tries to skate through multiple defenders while trying to enter the zone.

He reminds me so much of Carter, though. I know, I know- 'he's not Carter, he's Cozens!'. I'm just saying- that size, speed, and heavy wrist shot is reminiscent of one of my favorite players in the league (Carter). I think a similar caliber player as Carter is his ceiling, and damn would I be ecstatic if he hit that ceiling.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

2. Dylan Cozens, C

21 years old | 6-foot-3 | 183 pounds | Shoots right

Drafted: No. 7 in 2019
Tier: Bubble NHL All-Star and top of the lineup player

Skating: NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average
Shot: Above NHL average

Analysis: It’s easy to like Dylan Cozens’ game. Even though he didn’t have a huge NHL season, he was only 20 years old, and the Cozens you saw at the World Championships where he was one of the best players is, I think, the real Cozens. He checks every box you look for in an NHL player. Big centers who can skate, make plays and score goals are rare. You add his strong compete level and someone who wants to be a complete center and I think you have all the ingredients of a future impactful center.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Dylan Cozens has already proven he’s a reliable defensive player, excellent in transition and a willing playmaker. He had 38 points a year ago with only 13 goals, and the Sabres think both numbers can go up. Cozens played in the World Championship hoping to work on his scoring. He tied for the tournament lead with seven goals in 10 games. If he can raise his shooting percentage from the 8.1 percent it was a year ago, a breakout could be coming. — Matthew Fairburn

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
He's really stood out in the preseason games & highlights I've watched. I could see a 60+ point campaign next season

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
I'm becoming a fan of him, he's really taken steps this year. Heavy on the forecheck and soon a 2-way-beast.

Reactions: Club

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I forgot who said it but he reminds me if sheif not in terms of playstyle but development curve wise possibly better

• Love
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

thekenneth

Jan 25, 2013
His leadership is great. his line took a little bit to take off but now I love our second line. Dylan Cozens could be a future sabres captain. he's maturing really well this year.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad