Player Discussion Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I would love it if the next time Buffalo faces off with Tampa, for Dahlin to truck Stamkos as a way to show Dylan that he has Cozens' back.
and then for Dylan to steamroll Cernak for concussing Dahlin. Heck, stay in Tampa and the team could probably keep this going for a while.

Reactions: Chainshot

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Wreck Tampa but leave Cirelli and Point alone because I kinda like them...good game plan as far as I'm concerned.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Watching Cozens develop, makes me think about Zemgus and if he didnt have those concussions very early on in his career, he couldve had so much more edge to his game.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover

A couple of quotes (paraphrasing, mostly) that show how different this team has become since Adams and Granato took over, the team has started to mature and/or come together, and notably - others have left

1. In responding to a question about how Cozens thought about Dahlin saying that the team plays like brothers:

Cozens:
  • "We are brothers. In practice, we battle like brothers and in games - we battle together"
  • "We're kind of like growing up together - a lot of young guys coming into the league around the same time. We're growing up together and we're gonna do this the right way - and we have a great leadership group to follow after"
2. Answering a question about what characteristic brings the team together

Cozens:
  • "We all have the same vision. We're not about ourselves. We're about bringing this team to something successful. We're about bringing this city a Stanley Cup. That's our goal, that's our goal. We're not all about that personal stuff. We want to come together to do this the right way and we want us to win a Stanley Cup"
3. About sticking around after his misconduct and talking to Terry Pegula

Cozens:
  • "...a game like that, an outdoor game - it was super exciting for everyone. I really didn't want to miss the last couple minutes of that game and the celebration on the ice after. So I wasn't gonna leave."
  • and about Terry Pegula - " Yeah, that was pretty cool, him coming over and talking to me.... the boys love that..."
I want to make this about this team, and the coach(es) and leadership - on and off the ice. As Cozens said, they are a team that is playing like brothers, led by a great leadership group, a group of players who want to do things the right way, not out for personal gain, who want to win a Stanley Cup for the city. And as much as I'd like to leave it as just about this team and its growth, the contrast to the previous bunch could not be more striking.

I have to say that I got a little emotional hearing that stuff.

edited for spelling

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Still over in Sweden hanging with Dahlin

Screenshot_20220606-085803_Instagram.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad