Player Discussion Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Sarcasm?

Cozens is at his best using his speed to get in the zone and pressure. His best hockey was at the WJCs where he played wing
Sarcasm? No. I don't understand why he shouldn't be a great two-way center for 60-65 points in the future? He has already dominated this season playing center against McDavid, Matthews and Crosby and he continues to improve.

Maybe you just like to put our centers on the wing, to then choose new ones in the draft? :sarcasm:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Sarcasm? No. I don't understand why he shouldn't be a great two-way center for 60-65 points in the future? He has already dominated this season playing center against McDavid, Matthews and Crosby and he continues to improve.

Maybe you just like to put our centers on the wing, to then choose new ones in the draft? :sarcasm:

No, I see what players are good at, and then form opinions on where they should play.

Everything that Cozens does best are winger traits. He pressures well, forechecks well, comes in with speed off the wing, blocks shots, etc.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
When he’s unleashed to forecheck, he’s a horse. Needs to be at wing.
I think he'll be better at wing for the next couple years because he creates so much disruption, but eventually he'll end up at center. He tries to force too much and think too much at center now. He just needs experience.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
No, I see what players are good at, and then form opinions on where they should play.

Everything that Cozens does best are winger traits. He pressures well, forechecks well, comes in with speed off the wing, blocks shots, etc.
Well I don't agree, I think he can be a good top 6 C while still doing everything you said and a little more.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I think he'll be better at wing for the next couple years because he creates so much disruption, but eventually he'll end up at center. He tries to force too much and think too much at center now. He just needs experience.

My unpopular opinion… I don’t think Dylan sees the ice well enough to be a center. I think he’s better when things are simple. I first saw that when he was at Lethbridge.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
My unpopular opinion… I don’t think Dylan sees the ice well enough to be a center. I think he’s better when things are simple. I first saw that when he was at Lethbridge.
I know man you wanna see that line:

Quinn - Cooley/Savoie - Cozens

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I think Granato will put him in a good place. I can't stand coaches that fix a player to a certain position/role and don't give them an opportunity to grow.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Is he not playing well?

Stat watching, tonight, and I hoped he'd get a point. He didn't.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
At worst he's a solid 3C that will provide offense, at best you have a big fast shoot first center. Odds are quality 2C/W just depends on how the other young C like Krebs, Mittlestadt and Thompson develop
Dang. I was hoping for better than that.

Thanks!

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Happy to see this young man grow up into such a positive energy & impact player. He can definitely hold his own, and isn't afraid to stand up for his teammates. This reminds me of the old 2000s days that all of em' are dialed in and there's definitely culture progression.

Boys are BUZZIN. You can sure see it in post game interviews that these guys ride or die with eachother. Puts a smile on my face.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

I want to put my gear on and fight alongside this kid, he's special. I know the Zegras comparisons will probably go on forever, but I'll just use the cliché and say this kid plays the game the right way, he gets everything about the game, the room, and to be honest this city. He's all heart and soul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad