Player Discussion Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
He's actually producing at 1C pace, just hasn't had the PP opportunities.
He's 21 years old. He's going to get better.

Offer him the Tage contract this summer. That's a team-friendly.

Honestly, I'm looking at four, maybe five Tage contracts among our forwards by 25-26. Cozens, for sure. Looking good for Quinn, Peterka. Maybe Tuch (shorter term) or Savoie or Kulich.

Dahlin and Power are likely at another level.

Last edited:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
If I'm Kevyn Adams, I slide a piece of paper across the desk with only the number "8" written down.

"I picked the number of years. Go ahead, you get to pick the other number"

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I would love it if they could get him at around Thompson's AAV %. Really solidify the salary structure around their top two centers. If someone breezes in to negotiate in the future, they can just ask... do you do more than Tage? Dylan? No? Then let's bring that AAV% down.
I think that was thompsons whole point and crusade. Sammy as well

( salaries and high tix prices are disgusting. driving me away from sports but not the current two buffalo groups, i cant stay away from this last fight )

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Want to see KA sign him to a nice 7 yr deal or so...7 mill for 7 seasons sounds good

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Funny to look back on watching him and Dach and wondering who would be the better player coming out of the 'dub or that Zegras was there at 7 and then went at 8. Dylan's growth has been considerable and continues.
I was definitely one of the Zegras guys. His stats are going to suffer on that team for a bit but still, if Cozens can elevate his offensive game while still being a defensive/physical impact player, then as long as the pretty stats are just close I'm going to be very happy/relieved. An 8 yr deal around 7 mil per seems fair if they want to go that long right away.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
The play Cozens made on the Quinn goal was superb, the little chip and skate out from the defensive zone was a thing of beauty. Complete puck control end to end. If he can continue to do that we have a star in the making.

Watch the play again, it doesn't look like much but his little chip move leaves three sharks players behind and gives us a 2-1. He also squares up with the goalie making it hard to see the pass is coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I used to think he'd be a better winger than center offensively but man is he a beaut all around c looking like we might end up with two 1c's the iq, two way game and transition game all top notch. While he might not be dangling end to end toe dragging people out their jocks all the time his hands are subtly great not super flashy but his ability to control and protect the puck while always having it ready for a pass or shot. I disagree with people who say his upside is only as a 2c we have an all purpose two way power center with great skating and iq who does it all potential 1c.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I used to think he'd be a better winger than center offensively but man is he a beaut all around c looking like we might end up with two 1c's the iq, two way game and transition game all top notch. While he might not be dangling end to end toe dragging people out their jocks all the time his hands are subtly great not super flashy but his ability to control and protect the puck while always having it ready for a pass or shot. I disagree with people who say his upside is only as a 2c we have an all purpose two way power center with great skating and iq who does it all potential 1c.
I think your misinterpreting what some have said because of a 2C label, we have another player playing at HIGH 1C level currently already is all people have said. If your thinking we might have a potential Sid/Maklin type thing shaping up for the future, I hope thats true.

Reactions: Bendium

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I disagree with people who say his upside is only as a 2c we have an all purpose two way power center with great skating and iq who does it all potential 1c.

I think we're shaping up to have Richards/Carter version 2.0. I don't think Tage and DC will ever reach the heights of truly elite guys like Sid or McJesus or anything. But I think they both become legit #1 NHL centers.....and we have them both to play 40 total minutes a game.

The good thing is that they're not complete douchecanoes like Richards and Carter were at their age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad