Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
No, you said:
Pacioretty + Galchenyuk + 1st + (maybe Gallagher) for Draisaitl alone.

That's probably the most ridiculous trade proposal I've ever seen on here. Worse than that proposal for Backstrom yesterday. At least that one made me laugh. Yours made me cringe hard.

ok well enjoy please and yea id add in gallagher for him signed to a good cap hit

im glad you enjoyed I'm not sure what pieces you think Montreal has that would actually get this player but those are what come to mind for me

I would take a younger player with very high potential in a position we need over a winger who in 2 season will probably double in cost and even Galchenyuk who i value very highly who is still only signed a couple year and if Bergevin is still here probably won't sign?

Yea Gallagher can be moved big deal

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
I like Staal for about half of the trade value. Bid add from Carolina after that.

Don't like kopitar 10m contract. Drai could be had for less...and 21 vs 29 year old.

Seguin 21 pts in 49 playoff games.
I would not trade Draisaitl for 3 Seguins

Why stop at rejecting 3? Why not 4 Seguins, or 5.. reject a whole team full of Segs!!!

.... and McDavid.

:handclap:

//endthread

Last edited:

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
ok well enjoy please and yea id add in gallagher for him signed to a good cap hit

im glad you enjoyed I'm not sure what pieces you think Montreal has that would actually get this player but those are what come to mind for me

I would take a younger player with very high potential in a position we need over a winger who in 2 season will probably double in cost and even Galchenyuk who i value very highly who is still only signed a couple year and if Bergevin is still here probably won't sign?

Yea Gallagher can be moved big deal

SubbanMemento's new line-up:

Lehkonen - Draisaitl - Drouin
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - Plekanec - Hemsky
De La Rose - McCarron - Mitchell

:lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that line-up, EDM's newly acquired 1st round pick from us might very well be 1OA (like you claimed you'd give, along with Patches+Chucky+Gally in your original post), since that team does NOT make the playoffs (since Markov is likely not coming back at this point). Oh and you just secured Oilers get at least 2 cups back to back (they'd then have to extend Pacioretty & later Galchenyuk, but who cares they'll be on a roll)!

didimentionlarseller

Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
SubbanMemento's new line-up:

Lehkonen - Draisaitl - Drouin
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - Plekanec - Hemsky
De La Rose - McCarron - Mitchell

:lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that line-up, EDM's newly acquired 1st round pick might very well be 1OA (like you claimed you'd give, along with Patches+Chucky+Gally in your original post), since that team does NOT make the playoffs (since Markov is likely not coming back at this point).

nono im not done add Eller

never forget Eller

I just don't think my thinking/reasoning is as CRAZED as you think we need a young scoring C and have too many wingers. Id rather get a 1C and not pay Pacioretty like 8+ for sure - and Pacioretty/Galchenyuk are about the only players i think that would get him from our team

Id be ok with Habs tanking the year after our pick would goto edmonton

anyhow just tell me what on our roster is reasonable and Edmonton wants

Pacioretty + + +

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016

never forget Eller

anyhow i just don't think my thinking/reasoning is as CRAZED as you think we need a young scoring C and have too many wingers

id rather get a 1C and not pay Pacioretty like 8+ for sure - and Pacioretty Galchenyuk are about the only players i think that would get him from our team

Don't even attempt to be funny.

You said you would trade Pacioretty AND Galchenyuk AND a 1st AND more (maybe Gallagher) for Draisaitl alone. That's as "CRAZED" as it gets.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Drai for Parayko
Drai + Benning for Seth Jones + Jenner

Not sure how Seth Jones and Parayko compare, but it seems to me both are/will be studs.

didimentionlarseller

Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Don't even attempt to be funny.

You said you would trade Pacioretty AND Galchenyuk AND a 1st AND more (maybe Gallagher) for Draisaitl alone. That's as "CRAZED" as it gets.

ok well agree to disagree I'm glad you're so entertained

I would like Eller back I'm not joking read my post history

to really school me post the trade thats reasonable for Habs Edmonton id like to see your deal

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

never forget Eller

I just don't think my thinking/reasoning is as CRAZED as you think we need a young scoring C and have too many wingers. Id rather get a 1C and not pay Pacioretty like 8+ for sure - and Pacioretty/Galchenyuk are about the only players i think that would get him from our team

Id be ok with Habs tanking the year after our pick would goto edmonton

Pacioretty + + +

The Habs don't have what Edmonton wants in a trade for Draisaitl. Once PK Subban was traded it became impossible. Montreal will have to look elsewhere for the 1C.

I hope patches does well this year. He is in my hockey pool. :)

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016

Definitely not what you proposed. I don't think we should even bother trading for a player like Draisaitl because his stats are skewed (he played for McDavid and Hall).

It's funny how at the start of last season people were saying that Galchenyuk and Draisaitl were pretty much equal. Some said "one is better than the other". It's not like Galchenyuk's game fell off the face of the earth and Draisaitl's exploded (considering McJesus was his center), but yeah let's trade Galchenyuk who will likely be McJesus' winger (a top-class sniper for McJesus), and then add Pacioretty (a consistent 30+ goal sniper who's excellent defensively), and with that we'll crash and burn next season but wait! That first that might be super useful to us (lottery pick) is gonna also go to Edmonton. And Gallagher, meh: he sucks. He does nothing to MTL. Send him over to Edmonton and make all the other teams' lives miserable. Pathetic.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
ok well agree to disagree I'm glad you're so entertained

I would like Eller back I'm not joking read my post history

to really school me post the trade thats reasonable for Habs Edmonton id like to see your deal

I don't want Draisaitl. Only way I'd want him is an offer sheet. That or Galchenyuk+, but I'd rather wait until the next season starts before doing something drastic I might regret.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Why would Nashville do this? They have finally found a winning combination, so they get a slight upgrade at 1C but lose their 1D. The depth is nice but it doesn't get you there.

That's what I'm saying. Weber is your 2nd pairing RHD? :help::help::help: Besides I doubt Johansen wants 6m to play 2nd line cente.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
The Habs don't have what Edmonton wants in a trade for Draisaitl. Once PK Subban was traded it became impossible. Montreal will have to look elsewhere for the 1C.

It's okay, the Oilers don't have what MTL wants in a trade for Pacioretty and/or Galchenyuk. We're not giving them away for peanuts, and we won't entertain killing our team to make yours any better. kthxbai.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Wait. You do not think Drai is a better player then McKinnon? Based on what?

I don't know about the other poster but I'd say they're about the same. But based on your first post, it seems you might be evaluating MacKinnon based on his ppg so far. If so, that's a horrible way to evaluate...

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Horvat and Tanev would be my offer from the Canucks.

As much as I like Draisaitl, I'd do this deal.
Horvat is a solid young player with a terrific all round game.
Having a player like Tanev on the 2nd pairing really solidifies the D.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Rather have Dion then all of them. Big, Strong on the puck Centers are as rare as #1 all around Dmen.

MacKinnon in particular I would not touch. His first four seasons is basically a clone of RNH's first four seasons (Nuges were a bit better in PPG in fact).

RNH gets **** on as a bust all the time but they were only drafted two years apart.

No clue why McKinnon get's such leway.

Phaneuf isn't that good but alright :popcorn:. 8 million off of one good season is ridiculous btw

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There's no reasonable trade to be had between Edmonton and Montreal. Sorry gents. You have wingers and prospects to deal and that's not at all what we need.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
I think the CBJ would be all over this if he was available. Playing Captain Obvious here but I would MUCH rather throw assets at Draisaitl than Duchene.

Moving Wennberg would defeat the purpose as we'd still have a hole down the middle but would PLD + Murray/Savard be of interest?

Would prefer Murray just b/c we are weak down the right but I'd move Savard if that was the deal breaker.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Great player, yes, but I would want to see him run his own line for a full season before I give up my more affordable 1C. I think he is an above average player without McDavid and not a Crosby/Malkin type situation which the Oilers think they have.

Until he proves he isn't all McDavid's doing, Duchene + is what I would offer and I know that wont go over well with Oilers fans.

didimentionlarseller

Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Definitely not what you proposed. I don't think we should even bother trading for a player like Draisaitl because his stats are skewed (he played for McDavid and Hall).

It's funny how at the start of last season people were saying that Galchenyuk and Draisaitl were pretty much equal. Some said "one is better than the other". It's not like Galchenyuk's game fell off the face of the earth and Draisaitl's exploded (considering McJesus was his center), but yeah let's trade Galchenyuk who will likely be McJesus' winger (a top-class sniper for McJesus), and then add Pacioretty (a consistent 30+ goal sniper who's excellent defensively), and with that we'll crash and burn next season but wait! That first that might be super useful to us (lottery pick) is gonna also go to Edmonton. And Gallagher, meh: he sucks. He does nothing to MTL. Send him over to Edmonton and make all the other teams' lives miserable. Pathetic.

you can just list the players you would make work in a trade that acquires a player like Draisaitl

again my offer isn't not nuts i just don't think it's as crazy as you make it out to be i don't know that anything but a crazy offer gets him out of Edmonton

didimentionlarseller

Nov 23, 2014
St Henri

yea i didnt think we did either he's pretty clearly staying in Edmonton?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad