Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alfredo Garcia

Jan 10, 2014
Vancouver
Horvat and Tanev would be my offer from the Canucks.

Really not a bad offer . Would hurt to see him in a Nucks uniform . I guess the bashing we received over the years from Canucks fans makes it hard to deal with them . Too bad Tanev is injured so much or this would be a real nice deal for both teams

That's a very good offer. Really like Horvat's game.

Still rather keep Drai, but kudos for a good offer.

Well, if that's the case, you'll like my offer better. IF Horvat / Tanev got the discussion going, I'd be willing to toss in more. A pick, a prospect, something, if it got the deal done for Draisaitl! :handclap:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Draisaitl for Scheifele (Morrissey connection)
Only 2 Drai for C swaps I would do

Schiefele is better right now, but more importantly - he is on a sweet contract for the jets.

2Minutes4Surging

Jul 5, 2017
Durham, NC
I don't know how much cheaper you want to go, but I have been thinking a trade of Drai for Jordan Staal could be beneficial for both sides. Thoughts?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't know how much cheaper you want to go, but I have been thinking a trade of Drai for Jordan Staal could be beneficial for both sides. Thoughts?

its not really close.
How can losing Draisaitl for J.Staal be beneficial for Oilers?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I think a trade of Jacob Slavin for Andrej Sekera could be beneficial for both sides - at least as beneficial to the Canes as Drai for Staal would be for the Oilers.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I would rather have Seguin than Draisitl. Nothing against Drai at all would love to have him too but Seguin to me is more valuable than Draisaitl at this point in time, just more established especially for the push that Dallas just made this offseason. I think that you could look at Colorado for something they are a younger team still sort of in the rebuild stage

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
yup... very possible..
My point is that it is a negotiation... Drai's agent is dealing with Chia and wants the most for his client..
Its got nothing to do with Draisaitl not being fond of Chiarelli.

That's not what HockeyHeadlines said. He said Drai is probably not fond of Chiarelli's PROPOSAL.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kopitar for Draisaitl. It does nothing for the Oilers, but it sure helps us.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
CBJ would be in

CBJ is the one team I could see that could get him. CAR would be another. It would take a young C with lots of potential (Wennberg would fill that) and a top-4 RHD. Ryan Murray wouldn't get it done -- we have no need for LHD, and he has too many other negatives that hurt his value. David Savard would probably get it done. But not sure if CBJ would be willing to offer Wennberg + Savard for Draisaitl.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Why would you want another 1C? Is McDavid not good enough for you guys? You need a strong 2C, because if you want your own Crosby/Malkin tandem down the middle you're going to have to pay Drai to stay.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i wonder if it makes and sense to do krejci with 2.25 mill retained, krug, and chara

for draisailt and sekera

edmontons defense with larson/klefbom russell/krug chara/nurse would be very good. krejci has well established chemistry with lucic. he also is proven to be a playoff beast.

boston would suffer short term giving up 2 healthy dmen for one that is hurt but end up with a center they can pair with pastrnak to form a killer 1-2 punch with bergeron/marchand

personally i think Edmonton signs draisailt for no more than 7.5 but if he wont resign i think my offer is a good one

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
True that, but they wouldn't be getting a PMD who could score 70 on that team to go with Leon for that money. So depending on their plans, that's a trade that could help them take a major step. I know a lot of folks are down on Tyson because Bednar didn't use him right, but he's a dynamic player...and both he & Dutchy were awesome for us in that Minnesota series and could be big pieces for the Oilers attempts to take that next step and become major cup contenders. Plus we could also take Fayne's contract off their hands.

The one time MacK got to play in the postseason he put up 10 points in 7 games :dunno:

I don't think there's any question which centre you'd want going in to the playoffs.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Well, if that's the case, you'll like my offer better. IF Horvat / Tanev got the discussion going, I'd be willing to toss in more. A pick, a prospect, something, if it got the deal done for Draisaitl! :handclap:

I wouldn't mind Horvat and Tanev...what I don't like is that Tanev is an UFA in 3 yrs

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

I like Staal for about half of the trade value. Bid add from Carolina after that.

Kopitar for Draisaitl. It does nothing for the Oilers, but it sure helps us.

Don't like kopitar 10m contract. Drai could be had for less...and 21 vs 29 year old.

Seguin is a lesser 1 C? gee, get a grip

Seguin 21 pts in 49 playoff games.
I would not trade Draisaitl for 3 Seguins

Last edited:

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
meh i disagree we trade a top winger Pacioretty and a winger/center in chucky for a top end C and a pick

No, you said:
Pacioretty + Galchenyuk + 1st + (maybe Gallagher) for Draisaitl alone.

That's probably the most ridiculous trade proposal I've ever seen on here. Worse than that proposal for Backstrom yesterday. At least that one made me laugh. Yours made me cringe hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad