Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Was Marner crying in the penalty box because they were gonna lose the game.

Or because it was his fault they didn't have a chance to win. I tend to think it was the latter. If he really cared about winning so much why didn't he shed so much as a single tear the other times they lost.

Then to spin his personality in media as unrepresentative of who he "really" is boggles the mind.

This is a player who, despite all the media training he must have received over the years, STILL can't help but to open his mouth and stick his foot into it on a regular basis. Just because you can think it doesn't mean you should say it. If this is how Marner speaks in public what do you think he says in private.

I can only imagine the contempt he has for the average fan.

We're just here to lick his ass and cheer him on I guess. It's such an honour to have a hockey god like Marner on the team. We should just thank him for the privilege of paying him all that money to watch him play.

Whether he does anything to help them win is besides the point.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
he will get booed constantly. the new whipping boy. by christmas he will be begging to get out.
Agreed, IMO not taking hockey related questions at his charity event tells me he can't take the heat. He and the team better get off to a fast start or the fans will be calling for heads to roll in November. If we are lucky, Shanny will be the first to go.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Was Marner crying in the penalty box because they were gonna lose the game.

Or because it was his fault they didn't have a chance to win. I tend to think it was the latter. If he really cared about winning so much why didn't he shed so much as a single tear the other times they lost.

Then to spin his personality in media as unrepresentative of who he "really" is boggles the mind.

This is a player who, despite all the media training he must have received over the years, STILL can't help but to open his mouth and stick his foot into it on a regular basis. Just because you can think it doesn't mean you should say it. If this is how Marner speaks in public what do you think he says in private.

I can only imagine the contempt he has for the average fan.

We're just here to lick his ass and cheer him on I guess. It's such an honour to have a hockey god like Marner on the team. We should just thank him for the privilege of paying him all that money to watch him play.

Whether he does anything to help them win is besides the point.
Agreed. He showed more emotion throwing a hissy fit on the bench than he ever has after being on the ice and scored on in OT. Same goes for most of them.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Agreed, IMO not taking hockey related questions at his charity event tells me he can't take the heat. He and the team better get off to a fast start or the fans will be calling for heads to roll in November. If we are lucky, Shanny will be the first to go.

Hopefully, it is Matthews, no? Highest paid, all playoff chokers, too much cap, that's what I keep hearing, so he is the most logical to go.

• Haha
Reactions: mclaren55

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
For all the fans paying $700+ for two tickets...you're allowed to cheer when you're happy and boo when something sucks.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
For all the fans paying $700+ for two tickets...you're allowed to cheer when you're happy and boo when something sucks.

I think the last time I went and paid for, it was DAL/TOR on like a Tuesday night, ticket was in the nose bleed for $300-400 range. I think Marner won it in a shoot out, JVR had 2 goals.

It struck me as stupid to continue going because the price is too prohibitive and I get a better view at home on a pirated stream.

I went again with a friend for free with better seats, I just covered a dinner, bought us a couple of drinks/snacks, still was a $100-140 evening.

People looked at me in both nose bleeds and lower bowl as insane for trying to chant "Go Leafs Go" and make some noise at a hockey game, the nerve right? I envy the other Canadian teams because their arenas don't come off as morgues.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
It would pathetic and sad to see that
Well if they lose in the 1st round again next year and Marner resigns, he probably will get booed. Especially if he shits the bed again in said 1st round playoff exit.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Hopefully, it is Matthews, no? Highest paid, all playoff chokers, too much cap, that's what I keep hearing, so he is the most logical to go.

Are you a Marner fan or a leaf fan?

There’s no way you actually watch the games if you believe this.

Matthews is far from a playoff choker. If all you’re going to do is look at PPG and avoid discussing what actually is happening on the ice there’s no hope for you.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Matthews is far from a playoff choker. If all you’re going to do is look at PPG and avoid discussing what actually is happening on the ice there’s no hope for you.
Alright sure he kills penalties and leads in plus minus as well.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

I always say he's been the best player, but I usually get told how bad he is... may as well trade him first to free the most cap space because that is the most valuable asset on these boards.

Reactions: Craig Button

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I thought they were calling for his head to roll now. Isn’t that what you guys say?

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I always say he's been the best player, but I usually get told how bad he is... may as well trade him first to free the most cap space because that is the most valuable asset on these boards.
Not sure I'm following you here brother.

Matthews is our best player, without question. He's debatably the 2nd best player in the game, top 10 without question. Marner is not there.

If a team cant win with Matthews its a big issue.

Knies - Matthews - Domi
Mcmann - JT - Nylander
Cowan - Minten - xxx
xxx - Holmberg - Reavo
Mo - Tanev
Mccabe - Benoit
OEL - Lilj
Woll
Stolarz

Honestly looks solid to me. take that 11m and upgrade as you see fit. way too top heavy. This is not an attack on Marner, hes solid, but we cannot win due to his caphit vs effectiveness.

I'd try and get Peitro from VGK. I think a grizzled stud like him would really put us over the top. I was on the Ekholm train and look what he did for EDM. Even an upgrade at 2/3 centre spot and a 2nd pair dman.

Either way, we've committed to Nylander and Auston. JT will most likley be back on a sweatheart deal. We need change, and due to the cap Marner has to be the guy to go.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lafayette @ Buffalo
    Lafayette @ Buffalo
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $18,658.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:

Ad

Ad