The next Jack Adams coach is... I'll Keefe you in suspense

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
That projection is more based on Ottawa as a whole/the organization taking the next step and perhaps pushing for the playoffs.

If they make it, he could certainly win it as head coach.

That certainly would not be the narrative or thought here if still employed by TO.
Leafs fans are so hard done by.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Keefe is a good coach. He got the shaft in Toronto.
He is a good coach, it was just time for a change a new voice in the locker room. I expect the Devils to finish around 105 points this year, under rated defensive coach with a great forechecking scheme. Just never got it done in the playoffs, always over thought his decisions. Overall, good coach.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Something is fundamentally wrong with the jack Adam's thought process when a guy like Cooper has zero to his name.

His team was too good last year. Coach of year only goes to teams that have huge changes it records.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
To be fair, the Jack Adams is like 90% about which coach gets improved goaltending.

Top two favourites check all the boxes. New coaches. Teams that disappointed last year, in part due to bad goaltending. Acquired new high end goalies this season.

It's about most improved team. The goaltending thing you're clinging on to is weird.

Reactions: cptjeff

Fig

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Someone trying to help NJD get the Jack Adams curse to swap coaches already?

Alrighty then.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

Whoever this Keefe guy is must be a really good coach.

Lmao, to have Torts on that list and Sullivan isn't is funny to me, not that I think either are deserving, I don't think either name should be on that list but it's hilarious to see it anyway. This shine that Sullivan has with FSG is comical, because you'd think with how much FSG, Pens Media, Dubas, etc all hype Mike Sullivan as this god of coaching and the US team coach, that he'd be on that list, lol.

Btw, I definitely don't think Mike Sullivan should be on that list, I think would put Warsofsky as an option of winning it over a dipshit like Sullivan. Yet Sullivan is the US' coach.

if were were talking about bad media about the Leafs..

Leafs media is quite possibly the worst in all of sports, second being the Montreal one.

Reactions: Xirik

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Keefe gets outcoached every playoffs not sure what devils are drinkin

You can't get outcoached in the playoffs if you don't make the playoffs.

1j5adc.jpg

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Something is fundamentally wrong with the jack Adam's thought process when a guy like Cooper has zero to his name.
I feel like it’s the same in the NFL. Andy Reid’s only coach of the year award is from like 2002 with the eagles even though with the Chiefs he’s been the best like every year

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
To my homer rose tinted glasses, this screams Evason. All he's gotta do is get the jackets into the wildcard chase and make it interesting and he's got a helluva case. If by some miracle they make it, it's as good as his.

He's done more with less.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
surprised to see keefe so high up that list. the devils are due for a breakout now that they are starting to address some of the obvious issues they had.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I could see the Pens getting back into the playoffs and Sullivan winning the Adams. Would be the nightmare scenario but doesn't seem unlikely.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
To my homer rose tinted glasses, this screams Evason. All he's gotta do is get the jackets into the wildcard chase and make it interesting and he's got a helluva case. If by some miracle they make it, it's as good as his.

He's done more with less.
Eavason was high on my list for coaching the Devils. I think he'll be good, he'll give the Jackets an Identity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad