The next Jack Adams coach is... I'll Keefe you in suspense

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotTheRocketman

Jul 13, 2021
Something is fundamentally wrong with the jack Adam's thought process when a guy like Cooper has zero to his name.
Cooper coaches a stacked team, and they were always expected to win. The Jack Adams seems to go to a coach who overachieved.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
The big name coach coming to Toronto... where have I heard this before.

Oh right, Babcock.

Cooper isn't a sociopath, I think he would do just fine here.

Cooper coaches a stacked team, and they were always expected to win. The Jack Adams seems to go to a coach who overachieved.

I agree with you, but the reality is that Cooper assisted in getting the Bolts over the hump. Back to back Cups in the 21st Century is no small feat. He should have won a Jack Adams at some point in the past.

Reactions: Kurtz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You Devils fans don't even know, you have NO idea, but you'll learn, come playoff time you are going to get educated.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
As far as a great value bet I think Lindy Ruff would be the guy because if he gets the Sabres into the playoffs (which is definitely possible) he is winning the award going away.

Except you, I, and everyone in the world knows the Sabres aren't making the playoffs.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I'm not saying Maurice should be the favorite, but odd to see a coach that has taken his team to back to back finals not even make the list.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If the Oilers defense over perform like they did for the second half of last year and the playoffs then Knoblauch (Coffey too) deserve it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You Devils fans don't even know, you have NO idea, but you'll learn, come playoff time you are going to get educated.
Genuinely curious what Keefe did so wrong in the playoffs? The reality for NJ is if he can make the playoffs in back to back season even with losing in the first or second round he will have moved thr team forward over Ruff. Maybe in three years NJ can’t get over that hump but by then his contract will be far enough along they can replace him.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
The only think that will come out of Keefe being in NJ is we will find out whether the 1st round curse is him, the Leafs, or both.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
This is a dumb take.

If you are going to bet on a Jack Adams candidate, take the coach of a team nobody really expects they'll make the playoffs (Montreal or Calgary would be my picks) but certainly could if things go right (hot goalie, injuries in the division, etc.).

Devils are EXPECTED to be very good. If they even lose in the 1st round, it is going to be seen as a massive disappointment.

Very weak choice IMO. Most of the time the Jack Adams winner is from a team that exceeded expectationa, not from a team that met them.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Like I said you Devils fans have no clue.

But you will.
We’ll have to wait till the end of the year to find out. You seem to think Ruff is either just as good as or even better than Keefe.

I would blame the Shannyplan on signing so many huge contracts that limits how well rounded the rest of the roster can be built before blaming the coach.

But I’m obviously being optimistic Keefe is going to be better than Ruff. Just as you are that Berube can do better than Keefe.

Another thing to consider in Keefe’s favor is the offseason moves the Devils made. The team is (imo) more well rounded than what the Leafs have been putting out. On paper at least.Again that’s on account of the huge contracts Shanny gave out on his top 6.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We’ll have to wait till the end of the year to find out. You seem to think Ruff is either just as good as or even better than Keefe.

I would blame the Shannyplan on signing so many huge contracts that limits how well rounded the rest of the roster can be built before blaming the coach.

But I’m obviously being optimistic Keefe is going to be better than Ruff. Just as you are that Berube can do better than Keefe.

Another thing to consider in Keefe’s favor is the offseason moves the Devils made. The team is (imo) more well rounded than what the Leafs have been putting out. On paper at least.Again that’s on account of the huge contracts Shanny gave out on his top 6.

Lindy Ruff is a better coach than Keefe, always has been, this man took a MUCH less talented Sabres team to the finals than Keefe has ever had.

I realize that was a long time ago but I'd argue even the most talented Sabres teams Ruff had were not as talented as what Keefe has had those being the 2006 and 2007 Sabres teams.

Buffalo never had the best goal scorer In the sport.

Keefe has.

Buffalo never had a John Tavares as their #2 center.

Keefe did.

Buffalo never had a Marner or a Nylander.

Keefe did

The 2021 and 2023 teams should have walked to the finals, especially that 2021 team.

But they didn't because Sheldon Keefe can't make adjustments he sticks with something even if it doesn't work.

The talent he's had has carried him to a fantastic regular season record. and that's why I say you are going to get educated come playoff time.

Because like the Leafs the Devils have the talent to carry him to a great regular season record, the 2 teams are built remarkably similar that's why won't notice it In the regular season because like the Leafs the Devils have the talent to hide it.

But come playoff time whoever is coaching against Keefe will coach circles around him and no, it does not matter who it is, he was out coached by Dominic DuCharme.

Do you even know who Dominic DuChareme is? Probably not and that says it all.

Sheldon Keefe is the WORST coach in the league.

You're Damn right I think Berube is better he's got the ring that proves it.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Like I said you Devils fans have no clue.

But you will.

Equating the Leafs playoff failures to Sheldon Keefe is really just a pathetic cope to convince yourself you had the team and not a good coach. Keefe will be fine in Jersey. This idea that because he didn't have playoff success in T.O means he will forever be a playoff coaching failure is more arbitrary and illogical over anything.

Keep saying 'you'll see' though, great argument.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
The devils got way better from last year.
The award is only regular season.

So it’s possible.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Equating the Leafs playoff failures to Sheldon Keefe is really just a pathetic cope to convince yourself you had the team and not a good coach. Keefe will be fine in Jersey. This idea that because he didn't have playoff success in T.O means he will forever be a playoff coaching failure is more arbitrary and illogical over anything.

Keep saying 'you'll see' though, great argument.

And when he does fail in NJ? What's the excuse then?

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Oh, I see. Adams often goes to the team that improves most, and NJD is expected to improve the most, since they vastly underperformed last season.

It's pretty sad that this award no longer is about coaching.
Almost all the awards have a similar issue. People that vote for most of the awards don’t really base their vote on insight of the game and more so a lazy way like on what you mentioned, stat watching(having more pts even if by an extremely slim margin, reputation, sometimes just because player hasn’t won the award yet in his career, or player has already won it too many times, or “they play for a shitty team”. It’s kinda why sometimes the Selke trophy voting can be all over the place cause theirs no simple stat to define it but can still fell under reputation and others I mentioned.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
If you tend to think they reward the coaches of teams that overachieve and/or improve significantly, rather than the coaches of the teams that put up the highest point totals, than Keefe is a reasonable choice. The Devils seem primed for a big points improvement in the standings... though I'm not sure it would qualify as a surprise at this point.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Keefe will turn New Jersey around, but not until Jeremy Colliton is gone as I've learned he's difficult and hard to work with. I say he's the winner in 2026-27.

But as for the coming year I think Andrew Brunette will win it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad