Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 3 The Only Hockey Talk Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Reinbacher and Mailloux are already our young RD with 1RD potential!

Would be good to swap Matheson for a veteran top 4 RD, maybe more D oriented…but I think they stick with Guhle there for the next 2 years to see if they have that RD option internally.

Guhle-Mailloux
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Barron

Could be our top 6 in 2 years. All LD/RD pairings with both offense and defence on each.

Mailloux, Reinbacher and Hutson have to show top 4 potential though

Which is already a lock at this point. Mailloux was ceiling seems to trend toward top2-3.

Still can believe a professional said he was an AHL last year.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Scin10 can simp for bargainbin all he wants, we all know his true worth, buddy:

Polish-20230625-221441546.png

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The tools are all there for him to be a really good player. The question will be if he can reach that level.

He's only 21, but he didn't play a lot of games in junior and only 72 games in the AHL. I feel like coaching and development is a little extra important for him.

I don't see him NHL ready quite yet.
To be fair, he needs 3 more years of pro play to know the player we have. Rule of thumb, takes 4 years

Reactions: Tuggy

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
To be fair, he needs 3 more years of pro play to know the player we have. Rule of thumb, takes 4 years
Mailloux should make team sometime this year. In rookie tourney, Mailloux was our second best D after Hutson. His shot and size stood out. He looked better than Reinbacher to me. Engstrom looked better at times than Reinbacher actually. Has more offensive upside, better hands. I ranked Reinbacher our 4th best D prospect. Short tourney though.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Mailloux should make team sometime this year. In rookie tourney, Mailloux was our second best D after Hutson. His shot and size stood out. He looked better than Reinbacher to me. Engstrom looked better at times than Reinbacher actually. Has more offensive upside, better hands. I ranked Reinbacher our 4th best D prospect. Short tourney though.
The next couple of years we really start to see what we have on D , and hopefully there are 1D and 3D guys to go with a likely 2D, Guhle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad