The next Jack Adams coach is... I'll Keefe you in suspense

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
if the sabres make the playoffs i don't see how you don't give it to Lindy. returns to his old franchise to end the longest playoff drought in the NHL

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Regularly making the playoffs is still a considerable upgrade for this team so I'm not complaining...

Yet. *shifty eyes*
principal-skinner-yes.gif

Reactions: RickyLafleur

NotTheRocketman

Jul 13, 2021
I agree with you, but the reality is that Cooper assisted in getting the Bolts over the hump. Back to back Cups in the 21st Century is no small feat. He should have won a Jack Adams at some point in the past.
You're not wrong, but those Tampa teams were absolutely stacked with future HOFers. Fair or not, it would have been a bigger story if he HADN'T won.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Keefe is a good coach. He got the shaft in Toronto.

Devils did good adding Dillon. Their GM shit the bed last year by not getting a NHL goaltender but that looks better this year. Keep Jack out of IR and this seems reasonable.

He had an all star team in Toronto and couldnt get them to work, sorry but he's completely overrated.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
He had an all star team in Toronto and couldnt get them to work, sorry but he's completely overrated.
He had zero authority over the overpaid "stars" on the team. That was never more apparent than when they made him publicly apologize for saying they had a bad game. Shannahan let's the inmates run the asylum. That's why the Leafs are the way they are.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
There were no All Star caliber goaltenders or defenders on any of his teams. They have the 4. All forwards.
Leafs lose in the playoffs because their stars don't score. Goaltending has been more than adequate outside of Samsonov.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Leafs lose in the playoffs because their stars don't score. Goaltending has been more than adequate outside of Samsonov.
I’m not even implying Markstrom is an All Star caliber anymore but none of those Leafs teams were built from the net out (regardless of whether or not their big 4 were performing haha).

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
I’m not even implying Markstrom is an All Star caliber anymore but none of those Leafs teams were built from the net out (regardless of whether or not their big 4 were performing haha).
The stats are the stats. Look at the number of goals they scored getting bounced by Boston this year. The heavy contracts are gutless when it matters. Goaltending isn't an issue.

Reactions: HabsQC

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Devils were a good bet to improve again regardless of coach, and new coaches/teams making jumps in the standings always get more Adams support over established teams/coaches so Keefe seems like one of the obvious front runners.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Devils were a good bet to improve again regardless of coach, and new coaches/teams making jumps in the standings always get more Adams support over established teams/coaches so Keefe seems like one of the obvious front runners.
Exactly. The award is very narrative driven, and the winners are often coaches who take a bad team and go far with them. Jersey was bad last year. The fact that other problems have been fixed is a minor footnote.

But, Jersey did used to be good. If a true bottom feeder becomes a playoff team I could see that coach winning.

There could also be the drama of it. Keefe could be a fun one to vote for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad