Does Marner get Boo’d?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Are you a Marner fan or a leaf fan?

There’s no way you actually watch the games if you believe this.

Matthews is far from a playoff choker. If all you’re going to do is look at PPG and avoid discussing what actually is happening on the ice there’s no hope for you.

Matthews is not better... he worked maybe harder in the offensive side but also taking much more shift off in defensive zone...

last year is a great exemple, matthews had been great on gm 2... outside of this game he had been soso and his shift off/ lack of concentration on gm 3 just cost the game to the leafs when he goes for absolutly no reason behind the net and let his guy all alone in the slot. But what people. He help toronto to win gm 2 but his huge mistake cost gm 3 but people just keep in mind what he did in gm 2 but forget he cost a gm and did basically nothing on the 3 other game he played.

Marner yes he didn't producing like we wanted but Leafs need to be better overal as a team, it's not about individual player but about collective game. For me exemple Edmonton, it's the biggest difference i saw from this year team and previous. They stop playing individually and started to play as a team.

Last edited:

Moonman

Maybe Next Time
Jul 3, 2015
Because some grown men are way too invested in hockey, have no life outside of it, and need someone to blame for their unhappiness.
Nope it's because at this point people don't care about regular season. Perform in the playoffs or get criticized. Sorry.

Reactions: ToneDog

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Nope it's because at this point people don't care about regular season. Perform in the playoffs or get criticized. Sorry.

Don't go to the games then if it means nothing... seems weird to go just to boo someone, especially in a meaningless game.

As I said, fragile grown men who have nothing going for them and rely on the Leafs for happiness will boo.

Reactions: rojac

Moonman

Maybe Next Time
Jul 3, 2015
Don't go to the games then if it means nothing... seems weird to go just to boo someone, especially in a meaningless game.

As I said, fragile grown men who have nothing going for them and rely on the Leafs for happiness.
I don't go to games I don't live close and if I did I wouldn't pay those prices.

I resent this organization at this point and the fans are getting on my nerves too.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I don't go to games I don't live close and if I did I wouldn't pay those prices.

I resent this organization at this point and the fans are getting on my nerves too.

I'd suggest you stop watching in that case.

If I was constantly unhappy in a situation, I wouldn't keep myself in that situation.

Reactions: rojac

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not at all. It's how I feel. Keep running it back tho by all means I'm sure we'll get different results.
How is all that on Marner?
You'll boo him all year from his play the prior year? How can he change that?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
"I know how I'll show my displeasure for the team and players! I'll go purchase the product that they sell, but then boo them when I am there, that'll show them!"

This is the thread...

Moonman

Maybe Next Time
Jul 3, 2015
"I know how I'll show my displeasure for the team and players! I'll go purchase the product that they sell, but then boo them when I am there, that'll show them!"

This is the thread...
Already ditched the Jays, the Leafs will probably be next.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Not at all. It's how I feel. Keep running it back tho by all means I'm sure we'll get different results.
Different coach, a few different additions, it’s not the same team. The core 5 aren’t the whole team. But maybe 1/2. lol!

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I like Marner as a player and I don't think any of the Leafs failures are on him. That's my own opinion. They haven't built a balanced team to perform in the playoffs. Until they do, hard to blame any individual.

With that said, Marner comes across horribly when he speaks to the media and has never sought to address it. Blows my mind in this market but his choice. I also don't care much for how the Marner camp operates and definitely dislike how Darren Ferris negotiates but also can't blame the player for aligning with an agent to get max $$$. Seems like a 50/50. I wouldn't boo him and I don't think people will but I could understand if he does get booed given how he addresses the fanbase.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
But we've gutted our draft capital to help this core out, and all it got us was 1 first round victory. A lucky victory at that.

Agree to disagree indeed.
Are you saying it’s the core’s fault mgmt traded away draft picks? I don’t know what you mean by draft capital.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
We have traded picks upon picks to help this core and they still fail

They don't have that dog in them. They are more into fashion than playing gritty hockey.
Well as I said they are only 5 of the 20 plus man roster. They can’t win or lose it on their own, especially if they are given assignments which may not be best suited to their game.

True they take up 1/2 the cap but it still is only half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad