Disney Star Wars General Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
The James Mangold movie is literally that.

You need (a) Dave Filoni to do that.
Sure, but Filoni was a nobody who took what was there and built something with it. I don't see any reason why some one (or some ones) couldn't do the same.

If allowed, of course. That's the big caveat to all this.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Be it the Jim Henson's Jedi Babies episodes of the Clone Wars or the upcoming series, the disquieting subtext of any Jedi youngling series is know Vader will eventually slaughter all of them.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Be it the Jim Henson's Jedi Babies episodes of the Clone Wars or the upcoming series, the disquieting subtext of any Jedi youngling series is know Vader will eventually slaughter all of them.
grogu-grogu-wave.gif

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

“For me, it’s about, I want to be part of the saga, but I also don’t want to be holding so much lore in the air that you can hardly tell a story. And what I really wanted to do, what I told her, was just can we make a kind of the Ten Commandments of the Force, you know? A kind of origin story of how the Force came to be known, understood, wielded, and harnessed.”

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

"Iger said the explosion in Marvel TV shows in recent years “diluted focus and attention” for the brand."

He basically implied the same thing about Star Wars towards the end of the interview.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

He basically implied the same thing about Star Wars towards the end of the interview.
That streaming has diluted focus and attention for the brand? I think the fact they had zero f***ing idea what to do with their movies has probably done more to dilute focus and attention from the brand. Although their series have been hit or miss lately. Andor was great, BOBF and Obi-Wan not so much.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
That streaming has diluted focus and attention for the brand? I think the fact they had zero f***ing idea what to do with their movies has probably done more to dilute focus and attention from the brand. Although their series have been hit or miss lately. Andor was great, BOBF and Obi-Wan not so much.
Whether people like the new Star Wars stuff or not, I think we can all agree that if you're constantly churning out content, eventually general audiences are going to lose some interest.

And the same is true of Marvel. Since Endgame in 2019, there's been a few hits, but overall there's been a noticeable loss of interest by the public.

Star Wars used to feel special.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Whether people like the new Star Wars stuff or not, I think we can all agree that if you're constantly churning out content, eventually general audiences are going to lose some interest.

And the same is true of Marvel. Since Endgame in 2019, there's been a few hits, but overall there's been a noticeable loss of interest by the public.

Star Wars used to feel special.

I think you need to pick a lane. Want to make Star Wars TV? Stay there. Want to make Marvel movies? Stay there. Maybe the odd special presentation movie or special but constantly plowing through both makes each less special. I love this stuff, gobble it up, but even I’m getting burnt out on the constant offerings.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Star Wars' problem is their film side is a complete clusterf*** of announced projects that fall through or dates that get moved. They haven't released a movie since 2019, and that was the steaming pile of shit that was TROS. Why would anybody have any faith in a Star Wars film at this point? Streaming has at least given us Mandalorian and Andor, which are good (although I guess opinions on Mando are more split about the latest season), and Boba Fett and Obi-Wan, which while they obviously had issues, were at least entertaining or had some really great moments (who didn't fanboy out at Boba Fett riding a rancor or Obi-Wan vs Vader?).

I think Marvel's problem is more of a mediocrity problem. I think if movies like Multiverse of Madness, Love & Thunder, Wakanda Forever, Quantumania were all better there wouldn't be as much burnout. Now I do think that having so much going on might lead to some of that mediocrity. They're spreading themselves thin and maybe with less going on they can focus more on quality vs quantity.

Reactions: NyQuil

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Making good movies and TV shows is hard.

Just like making good music is hard.

If you're forced to constantly make more and more of it, eventually it's going to be ground down into mediocrity.

Disney should have taken a quality over quantity approach with Star Wars. Preserve the integrity of the IP. Treasure it.

Not sticking to some kind of long term thought out story plan for the movies is unforgivable. The films were completely reactionary.

Reactions: S E P H

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Making good movies and TV shows is hard.

Just like making good music is hard.

If you're forced to constantly make more and more of it, eventually it's going to be ground down into mediocrity.

Disney should have taken a quality over quantity approach with Star Wars. Preserve the integrity of the IP. Treasure it.

Not sticking to some kind of long term thought out story plan for the movies is unforgivable. The films were completely reactionary.
They do not give a damn about the integrity of the IP, they want to maximize the ROI on their $4B investment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad