Disney Star Wars General Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Apparently Lindelof is out now too on whatever movie he was supposedly writing. It's embarrassing that Lucasfilm still can't get it's shit together when it comes to putting Star Wars on the big screen.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't honestly mind since I have never really been impressed with Lindelof.
I'm not a big fan either, but time and again we've seen this with Lucasfilm. Trevorrow, Trank, Lord and Miller, Benioff and Weiss, Patty Jenkins, Feige, Taika, hell even Rogue One with Gareth Edwards essentially being removed for Gilroy (he just played ball unlike some others). I'm sure I'm missing others who have left or had issues or whose projects have been pushed until who knows when. I'd understand it happening once or twice but this is a pattern that's gone on for years now.

Reactions: Beau Knows

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Apparently Lindelof is out now too on whatever movie he was supposedly writing. It's embarrassing that Lucasfilm still can't get it's shit together when it comes to putting Star Wars on the big screen.
Big deal, movies change writers all the time. Or perhaps the script he gave them wasn't very good. He himself admitted he struggled with a good story. Gary Whita wrote the original draft of Rogue, then they brought in other writers after his draft was turned in. He was still credited with a writing credit. Lindelof has this sort of fanboy following, and there was way too much hype about him and this project. Guess what, maybe it was too much for him and his story sucked, not Lucasfilm at all. This is going to happen to Filoni, you can bank on it. He can never live up to his hype and when his movie doesn't live up to the fanboys expectations, they will turn on him, then blame Kennedy again.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Let's see how long he lasts...

giphy.gif

Reactions: LarKing

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

James Mangold’s movie will go back to the dawn of the Jedi, while Dave Filoni’s will focus on the New Republic, and close out the interconnected stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and other Disney+ series. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy’s film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

This all sounds f***in awesome. I'm really happy Rey is coming back. Despite all of the problems with the ST (and there were many), she's such a great character.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just watched bits of the leaked Acolyte and Skeleton Crew trailers on Youtube, they're incomplete and not sure how long they'll stay there but both looked great.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Got lost in the sauce a bit.

A little surprising. Ridley seemed pretty jaded just Like Boyega and Issac after the sequel trilogy was over. But then again her career hasn't really taken off since.

Right now I'm indifferent. In general I liked her portrayal of Rey and I didn't really care much about the "Mary Sue" shit but the shuffling of "Rey is a nobody" and "Rey is a Palpatine" was mishandled. Her identity crisis was the central conflict of her character and it ended up messy with Abrams far from sticking the landing. So, in the end, with proper writing she could have been a compelling character but they botched it. If her whole thing now is making her the latest Jedi to try to rebuild the Jedi order, I don't see too much room to make up for that. I guess if she remakes the Order under a substantially different philosophy, there could be some interesting stuff to unpack there.

Just watched bits of the leaked Acolyte and Skeleton Crew trailers on Youtube, they're incomplete and not sure how long they'll stay there but both looked great.
Was the one you saw longer than 19 seconds? That showed hardly anything.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Was reading that this takes place 15 years after the last movie and Rey indeed tries to rebuild the Jedi

Also this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad