Rumor: Dhaliwal- Boeser to Pens is a real possibility

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I agree with the bolded 100% - so if Kap is part of a deal but the majority of the value is coming in other assets I'd be on board, but Kap as the primary asset for Boeser is definitely not "buying low"

I agree with this.

Tbh I’m not sure what a Boeser deal to the Pens or any team would look like. That QO makes his value hard to get a read on imo. I could see it not mattering at all or it really hurting the Nucks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Maybe you can acquire a player in a trade. Some teams will need to move players to free up money. There could be some good deals available this summer.

You're not going to get someone better than Kapanen for $3 million unless you're paying a fortune, and the Penguins don't have the assets to pay a fortune.

The Penguins are absolutely not going to let Kapanen walk without qualifying him. It's just an absurdly bad thing to argue as a possibility. It just won't happen.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I really hope we try for a sign-and-trade for Marino (maybe + Hallander). Not a fan of getting back Kapanen.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I also don't know why we're applying the "buy low" caveat to Kapanen but not applying it to Boeser. For everyone saying Kapanen sucks and is having such a bad season, he has 5 fewer points on the year than Boeser (31 in 50 vs 26 in 55) and is outproducing him at ES despite playing much less per game. Kapanen is a buy low guy right now because he hasn't had a good year, but I don't know why we're not extending that to Boeser either. Boeser's pace this year is like 15 points per 82 games below his normal.

This year, Kapanen's a guy on pace for 40 points while not playing all that well and getting middle-6 usage and Boeser's a guy on pace for 50 points while not playing all that well and getting top-6 usage. This isn't trading Boeser while he's playing well.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I’ve always felt that Boeser makes the most sense of our top offensive guys to be trade, that is since we now have Garland. Before that I didn’t want Boeser moved at all. I still don’t want Boeser moved per se, but I also understand that we need to improve our depth, prospect pool, and defence and BB is a valuable yet somewhat redundant piece who will cost a lot to re-sign.

Anyway Boeser to Pittsburgh would be so awesome to watch. Would love to see him play with Sid. BB has the brain to keep up with him and obviously everyone knows he has the finishing ability.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Lots of report lately out of Van that Boeser is the main piece that will be shipped rather than Miller.

Would not mind Kapanen but I think if Boeser is moved a Dman is coming in return whether thats from Pitt or not we shall soon find out.

Boeser seems like a guy who would thrive next to Malkin.
But if they're gonna commit $7m+ then Marcus Pettersson will have to go and Rust is officially walking as a UFA.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Pens cap room decent with Boeser’s QO? I’m not saying anything negative , just honestly wondering if the Pens have room for it next year

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
to PIT: Boeser
to VAN: Kapanen, Pettersson*

*$525k retained on Pettersson

We all know that JR likes Kapanen, and JR liked Pettersson enough to sell low on Sprong for him and then give him that big extension.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Pens cap room decent with Boeser’s QO? I’m not saying anything negative , just honestly wondering if the Pens have room for it next year
If they trade Kapanen and Pettersson and let both Rust and Rodrigues walk, then yeah, they'll have plenty of space.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I'll laugh if Vancouver punts at the deadline. There's been so much rumor and speculation from Vancouver media posted that you could call this sub-forum Canucks Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk.

It’s almost like one trigger happy Canucks fan makes a thread, for every, single, mention of any player + any team.

…..

Reactions: Nazzlind

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Marino has a huge contract?

If rumors are true that there's a market for Myers I'd love for us to get Marino back. $4.4 million for a 24 year old isn't that bad when Boeser's at least at $6 mil, if not his QO of $7.5 mil per, and Marino's probably the type of defensive RHD that this team needs.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
to PIT: Boeser
to VAN: Kapanen, Pettersson*

*$525k retained on Pettersson

We all know that JR likes Kapanen, and JR liked Pettersson enough to sell low on Sprong for him and then give him that big extension.

We probably can't afford a 3.5M bottom pairing D-man, nor is the value there.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
We're not trading our 1st rounder. Find another way or no go!

We wouldn’t trade our (late) 1st rounder who would take 3-4 years to make an impact FOR A NON-RENTAL player, when we have maybe 2-3 years of prime 87, 71, 58 left?? Get real.

This talk of “we can’t keep trading our 1st” by Burke & Hextall is just intelligent posturing for negotiations.

This team is in win-now mode and in about 3 years, we’ll go into a full rebuild.

And don’t forget: with Fenway having just paid almost a billion dollars for this team, they’ll seize the opportunity to make a run if they think we’re close. Unlike WSH, whose GM rightfully said they’re not that close (they are not 1 player away from being a legit contender), we could be 1 impact player away from being in a similar tier to the TB, CAR, & FLA of our conference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad