Rumor: Dhaliwal- Boeser to Pens is a real possibility

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
KK is streaky, when he's on his game he can be a nice asset for a team. If I were the Canucks I'd use him on the PK like the Leafs did. He doesn't play on the PK in Pittsburgh.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
We're not dealing our first. I could see POJ being included though, JR likes him. I'd still want Schenn so we'd likely have to add yet another asset.
Hey I'm no fan of the Canucks, the cheaper the penguins get boeser the better as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Gurglesons

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Still probably a long-shot to be a good regular player in the NHL.

I don't know if the Canucks consider him at all when discussing trade targets. As in, I doubt anyone in management has said something like "Do we really need X RD prospect from this team? We already have Woo so..."
As they should, like I said, likely a 3rd pairing guy. Teams don't look at trade market to see who they could get with potential 3rd pairing ability when trading guys like Boeser, Miller, Garland, etc.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Kap is super athletic he just needs to play more direct in the offensive zone.

With a fresh start I think he can be a valuable middle sixer with elite wheels, some production and some special teams value.

He doesn’t suck nor is he going to ever be some superstar. The nice thing about his tough season for whoever gets him is that he’ll be cheap as hell to re-sign.
Curious why it always seems like Pens fans are trying to deal him? He's apparently as good as Boeser EV, good on PK, very fast, mid 20s, not due a huge raise.. Doesn't make sense unless there are some disingenuous statements being made.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Be prepared to use this .gif a lot when JR is running the ship. I cant thank the guy more for '16-'17 but when the transactions start going through you get all queasy about the chaos thats going to unfold

Canucks fans just want 1 Cup before we die.

(I'm not trying to be combative here but) We don't have a history of generational talent and multiple rings. We could eat shit for 15 years after a Cup and I would be fine with that.

You play to win the game.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Curious why it always seems like Pens fans are trying to deal him? He's apparently as good as Boeser EV, good on PK, very fast, mid 20s, not due a huge raise.. Doesn't make sense unless there are some disingenuous statements being made.

Why are the Canucks fans always trying to deal Miller if he was all that good? The same logic can be applied there.

The reason Penguins fans are "trying" to deal him is because he's having a bad year and the team is a win-now team. It's the same exact situation as why Canucks fans are trying to deal Miller, he's having a great year on a retooling team.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

No, I don't think that's it. I would suggest a comparison would be similar to Perron for Hagelin trade in 2016. It wasn't that Perron was bad. He had every skill set needed to be a good top 6 player. But when you watched him play, you could sense that this was a hexagon in an octagon hole. JR didn't want or need "better", he wanted "different". Perron went on to do well in Anaheim, Vegas, and St. Louis. Hagelin fit in Pittsburgh and did everything they needed him to do.

So when teams talk about trading players, it's not always because they are "bad". That said, Kapanen isn't on the 1PP but that's not his fault. He's not on the Pens PK, but that's not his fault. When you look at the 1PP and PK pairings for Pit, its not hard to figure out when he doesn't get the time but again, it's not because he wouldn't be very much capable of doing so. I would LOVE to have Kapanen on the Penguins PK especially with Bleuger out.

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
Canucks fans just want 1 Cup before we die.

(I'm not trying to be combative here but) We don't have a history of generational talent and multiple rings. We could eat shit for 15 years after a Cup and I would be fine with that.

You play to win the game.

Understandable.

Just giving you a heads up on how JR works and the level of anxiety ridden nausea that occurs when the ol gunslinger get his itchy trigger finger moving towards his holster

Reactions: kanucks25

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Understandable.

Just giving you a heads up on how JR works and the level of anxiety ridden nausea that occurs when the ol gunslinger get his itchy trigger finger moving towards his holster

I appreciate it but we just lived through the Jim Benning era where you could wake up any day and see your best prospect + 1st + 2nd traded for a 3rd pairing D-man that'll be treated as a cap dump like a year later.

We're used to living in fear. :naughty:

Reactions: DRAGO 18

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
As a Pens fan, it would have to be Kapanen + 1st rounder + something else (2nd rounder or Poulin or something), and the Pens would only do this if they could get an extension in place, which is certainly realistic.

Reactions: Jacob

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

He’s fallen out of favor with the coach and we lack top 6 wingers. Pens fans are impatient given our window and the fact we are used to a ton of deadline action. Also it’s reasonable to maybe think that Kap may be somewhat attractive to a team as a “buy low” guy given his physical abilities, past successes and contract situation (whoever acquires him gets to give him a deal). I think all of that’s why you see him a lot in proposals.

However if he stays in PIT then hopefully he gets back to how he played last season, and then we’ll all be happy.

He’s not as good as Boeser nor is he a complete bum. Answer lies in the middle. He’s talented but streaky. If he works on his consistency and his approach in the o-zone I think he settles in as guy you’re happy with in your middle 6. If he doesn’t he’s still a middle 6er but in a more frustrating way.

Reactions: Szechwan

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Kappy does not do much for me as a player. Seen him play so much in division and to me he isn't an impact player.
He is a guy that has speed and has zero clue how to utilize it to his advantage
Boeser is expensive, but his willingness to negotiate a new contract should be interesting
I wouldn't do this straight up if I was Vancouver's new management squad, or whoever is running things.
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 12.41.37 PM.png

Reactions: Szechwan

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
As a Pens fan, it would have to be Kapanen + 1st rounder + something else (2nd rounder or Poulin or something), and the Pens would only do this if they could get an extension in place, which is certainly realistic.
We're not trading our 1st rounder. Find another way or no go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad