Rumor: Dhaliwal- Boeser to Pens is a real possibility

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I don't know how you can call Boeser a 35/35 guy when he has never even hit 60 points in a season and doesn't have a career pace of 35/35.

I think the Grabner comparison for Kapanen is pretty fair, although Kapanen has played at that level way more than Grabner did.

His career pace is 30/35. Still not bad.

He would have obviously hit 60 points if it werent for 2 covid shortened seasons.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I don't know how you can call Boeser a 35/35 guy when he has never even hit 60 points in a season and doesn't have a career pace of 35/35.

I think the Grabner comparison for Kapanen is pretty fair, although Kapanen has played at that level way more than Grabner did.
this year the whole team slumped before Boudreau took over, but last year's pace was 34g 37a in 82 games, but feel free to manipulate figures.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
this year the whole team slumped before Boudreau took over, but last year's pace was 34g 37a in 82 games, but feel free to manipulate figures.

Yes, I'm "manipulating figured" by pointing out his career pace and career maximums, while you cherrypicking one season is totally not "manipulating figures".

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Why are so many Nucks fans ok with a Boeser for Kap + deal. Seriously does not move the needle for me , don’t think the pens are good trading partners for us.
The qualifying offer situation affects his value. Kapanen is a decent youngish 2nd liner and brings elite speed. It really depends on what they would add.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Yes, I'm "manipulating figured" by pointing out his career pace and career maximums, while you cherrypicking one season is totally not "manipulating figures".
I guess Bryan Rust is a 52 point player with your logic, that is his 'career pace" afterall, his "caReer mAxiMUm" never exceeded 56 points... .I guess hes not a 60 point forward in 2022 then.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Unless the + in the deal is significant (and I mean better than Kapanen by some margin) this would be a terrible deal for Vancouver. Kapanen has had every opportunity to play with good player, the PP, the PK and he has never really excelled. He is proving that he doesn't think the game very well and has long lapses in concentration and effort level. Hearing this has caused my ulcers to flair up and I don't even have ulcers!

Kapanen has shown that he doesn't necessarily "mesh" very well with top talent. Which is a valid criticism. He does have a lot of value imo, in his ability to drive his own bus on a separate line though. He'll generate his 15-20G and 40-45Pts pretty much no matter who you put him with. There's definitely value in that, when it comes to creating offensive depth and diversifying your scoring throughout the lineup. The speed is a really dynamic quality that Rutherford and Co. are obviously looking to improve for the Canucks as well.

But yeah. Despite being quite a bit higher on Kapanen than most seem to be...and probably a fair bit lower on Boeser than others...the "Plus" here would have to be something really substantial. And i'm not really sure Pittsburgh actually have the right asset to attach to Kapanen as a "plus" to get you to Boeser for value that makes Canucks fans happy.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I guess Bryan Rust is a 52 point player with your logic, that is his 'career pace" afterall, his "caReer mAxiMUm" never exceeded 56 points... .I guess hes not a 60 point forward in 2022 then.

I mean I wouldn't call Rust a 70 point player today just because he has paced for it this year and in 2019-2020.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kapanen has shown that he doesn't necessarily "mesh" very well with top talent. Which is a valid criticism. He does have a lot of value imo, in his ability to drive his own bus on a separate line though. He'll generate his 15-20G and 40-45Pts pretty much no matter who you put him with. There's definitely value in that, when it comes to creating offensive depth and diversifying your scoring throughout the lineup. The speed is a really dynamic quality that Rutherford and Co. are obviously looking to improve for the Canucks as well.

But yeah. Despite being quite a bit higher on Kapanen than most seem to be...and probably a fair bit lower on Boeser than others...the "Plus" here would have to be something really substantial. And i'm not really sure Pittsburgh actually have the right asset to attach to Kapanen as a "plus" to get you to Boeser for value that makes Canucks fans happy.

Unfortunately they won't be the arbiters.

C'mon Jim, time for one of those patented whoppers to go the Pens' way for the first time in a few years.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Do the Canucks still have plans to bring Tryamkin over or is it pretty much a foregone conclusion he's not gonna play with them?

If he's just a dead contract maybe the Pens feel they'd have better luck getting him over.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Do the Canucks still have plans to bring Tryamkin over or is it pretty much a foregone conclusion he's not gonna play with them?

If he's just a dead contract maybe the Pens feel they'd have better luck getting him over.
We havent dug up this topic on the Canucks board in awhile. Think he signed in the K until the end of next season

Feb 19, 2018
Same with the Bruins team and Rumors, absolutely nothing I want here on a potential return. Either too old or mediocre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad