Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part I

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
3-2-1 system makes too much sense, why would they ever do that?!?!

loser team gets loser points and will see their loser ass cheeks get clapped

Reactions: My3Sons

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Halonen had a hat trick for Utica tonight in their 5 to 4 OT loss. We will need to sign a for sure 2nd/3rd like tweener middle forward who is preferably a center but Halonen could be a good bottom 6 option for us. It's a shame there isn't much season left for him to get some valuable games at the NHL level. The team is better moving on from guys like Tierney and Nosek. Halonen dropped the mitts a few weeks ago and dropped his opponent so he does have some sandpaper to his game as well.
Could be a bottom six option within a couple years, but might be in tough to secure a spot in terms of being on the big roster full time. I do like his blend of grit and seemingly shot/scoring knack. Vilen had 2A i see too - he is another one I think has potential. With his skating ability and being decent stature at 6’1 range. Good year especially for a 20-21 year old first season in North America. Side not, I looks like another tough outing for daws. Sheesh, both of those two down there can’t find any consistency.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
IMG_6236.png

Nolan Foote, superstar!

Don’t talk to me about small sample size. SUPERSTAR.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I was thinking about this for people who saw the 2010-2011 season as Devils fans as well. Which season is worse in your guys opinion? I feel like that season was way more disappointing but this season was way more frustrating, if that makes sense.

View attachment 851047

Nolan Foote, superstar!

Don’t talk to me about small sample size. SUPERSTAR.

He's always looked good in his role when he's played, should definitely be in the bottom 6 next year. Also love his shot

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Foote seems like one of those guys that actually plays better in the NHL than the AHL. It’s small sample so far but …

I’m for ties and no overtime at all. Soccer does it and it works fine. The gimmick stuff cheapens the sport

Reactions: glenwo2

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I was thinking about this for people who saw the 2010-2011 season as Devils fans as well. Which season is worse in your guys opinion? I feel like that season was way more disappointing but this season was way more frustrating, if that makes sense.

He's always looked good in his role when he's played, should definitely be in the bottom 6 next year. Also love his shot

This season is way worse. We had way higher expectations for this team, that team was coming off a horrible embarrassing playoff 5 game exit to Philly and I didn't expect much from them.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Foote seems like one of those guys that actually plays better in the NHL than the AHL. It’s small sample so far but …

I’m for ties and no overtime at all. Soccer does it and it works fine. The gimmick stuff cheapens the sport

I like OT, and I even like 3-on-3 as it is, except they should make it longer and ditch the shootout.

The biggest argument against shootouts is how f***ing terrible they’ve gotten and how much players dislike them. It’s like watching children line up to take medicine, shootout are completely joyless as players just go through the motions.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I feel like I was more pissed off in 2010-11 than I was with this year's team, but that might just be because I was an angrier person back then. This season sucked, no doubt, but there's way more runway than the 2010-11 team had so I think that optimism has kept me going through this season. Well, and saving my sanity by tuning out like 2 months ago and only watching YT and Twitter highlights.:laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think OT, 3 on 3 and the shootout are entertaining but my problem is if you don't do it for the playoffs, it shouldn't be done for the regular season.

In an indirect way it says a regular season game isn't as important and can be settled in novel ways that you would never settle an important game with.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This season is way worse. We had way higher expectations for this team, that team was coming off a horrible embarrassing playoff 5 game exit to Philly and I didn't expect much from them.

I kinda disagree, that team had a finite time to contend with the older veterans, Kovy on his way back + Parise's cloud of free agency hanging over this team's head + him tearing his knee apart in that same season. This year is more disappointing but I feel like 2010/2011 was way more frustrating. Also not to mention, Kovy looked like he took his bag and just decided to bumble around for the first half of the season which is kinda ironic considering that's exactly what people said about Timo for the majority of this year lol

I feel like I was more pissed off in 2010-11 than I was with this year's team, but that might just be because I was an angrier person back then. This season sucked, no doubt, but there's way more runway than the 2010-11 team had so I think that optimism has kept me going through this season. Well, and saving my sanity by tuning out like 2 months ago and only watching YT and Twitter highlights.:laugh:

I was way more pissed off back then too, I don't think this team will have the same bad luck in any point of their contending years like they did this year. I had legit worries about that team's future in 2010-2011 since everyone was almost locked in and payment in terms of a Devils rebuild for contending for so long and Lou hemorrhaging picks for as long as he did

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I kinda disagree, that team had a finite time to contend with the older veterans, Kovy on his way back + Parise's cloud of free agency hanging over this team's head + him tearing his knee apart in that same season. This year is more disappointing but I feel like 2010/2011 was way more frustrating. Also not to mention, Kovy looked like he took his bag and just decided to bumble around for the first half of the season which is kinda ironic considering that's exactly what people said about Timo for the majority of this year lol

I was way more pissed off back then too, I don't think this team will have the same bad luck in any point of their contending years like they did this year. I had legit worries about that team's future in 2010-2011 since everyone was almost locked in and payment in terms of a Devils rebuild for contending for so long and Lou hemorrhaging picks for as long as he did

I just wasn't as frustrated because that roster for the most part was awful, go back and look at it if you haven't already. Sure we had Kovy and Paris and Elias but so many awful names on that roster. Rod Pelley even played almost the whole year lol

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I just wasn't as frustrated because that roster for the most part was awful, go back and look at it if you haven't already. Sure we had Kovy and Paris and Elias but so many awful names on that roster. Rod Pelley even played almost the whole year lol

Well that was when the ship went down but we had high expectations similar to this year. I remember being at the home opener and starting off 2-0 v Dallas and then we got smoked lol

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Well that was when the ship went down but we had high expectations similar to this year. I remember being at the home opener and starting off 2-0 v Dallas and then we got smoked lol

That month of February that year was more fun than this entire season if you take out the outdoor game.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That month of February that year was more fun than this entire season if you take out the outdoor game.

True but it pissed me off how well they played under a structured coach in Lemaire and what could've been if he didn't quit after the Flyers series fallout. The clip of Dano losing his mind to Salamela's OT winner v Isles was pure comedy lmao

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not gonna lie

I was cheering for the Flyers to hit the empty net quickly at the end of that game

I was gonna be so pissed if we tied the game with the goalie pulled for only the second time all season in the second to last game of this JUNKED season.

Anything that gets Green gone.

We've already won one more game than I initially predicted we would under Green. I said 7-13-1.

It's looking like it's gonna be 8-12-1.

Still pretty dreadful.

If Fitz really is as smart as we think he is, Green will be gone by Wednesday, with no chance or question of possibly returning next year in even an assistants role.

#SackGreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad