Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
16 goals in 21 games since, that's #1 league-wide (tied with Kaprizov).
We don't know exactly what the issue was with injury, missing confidence or just false usage, but this dude we're seeing right now, could be fun to watch over a full season.
it’s obvious now that ruff just did not like him and did not believe in him

Reactions: My3Sons

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
The surgery should help and make the shoulder more solid, which it probably hasn’t been after the 1st injury.

Agreed. Shoulder will be stable once again. The instability in it likely impacted some of his playmaking.

He'll have to get over that hump when he returns.

But eventually he'll also learn to not put himself in bad positions. There is still the chance of a fluke fall / injury, but his arm should be strong enough for those random times.

And that's just on the ice. One time my shoulder popped out just lifting my arm and putting it around my friend's shoulder while sitting on a couch. He'll be doing things in his day to day a little bit different too.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Jacks last two injury situation this season were bad luck. The trip on the goalie, the rando-twist that he got himself into. Definitely agree.

But before that:
Jack's shoulder injury (the first one a few seasons ago) was him getting overpowered in the corner by a bigger fella, and he fell the wrong way.
And then i think last season, his shoulder situation got aggravated in another hard hit in a corner, too, somewhat similar but with less extreme outcome.

The latter two references, is the stuff he can help to prevent by
a) getting damn stronger (as he should and as everyone else around him is, both his teammates and his opponents). I mean he is in the NHL and if he expects to not have a good off-ice season workout/strengthening, he will not last the long haul. Most of the players take that pretty seriously, and he is one who definitely needs to.
b) be aware to position himself a bit better to absorb the hits so he doesn't get "pounded" into the boards in a specific way.

obviously he was taking option c this season because he was already toast and needed surgery, but that shouldn't be the default option in most scenarios
c) avoid/disengage

Jacks needs to come to realization this is the NHL, not juniors. The physicality is amplified and what he was able to get away with on shear speed and talent back then doesn't equate to now.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Agreed. Shoulder will be stable once again. The instability in it likely impacted some of his playmaking.

He'll have to get over that hump when he returns.

But eventually he'll also learn to not put himself in bad positions. There is still the chance of a fluke fall / injury, but his arm should be strong enough for those random times.

And that's just on the ice. One time my shoulder popped out just lifting my arm and putting it around my friend's shoulder while sitting on a couch. He'll be doing things in his day to day a little bit different too.

Been there, done that just by sneezing. Previous injury was never repaired. Hopefully surgery will help him without reducing his physical ability.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
A @njdevils1982 request

IMG_5120.jpeg

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Halonen had a hat trick for Utica tonight in their 5 to 4 OT loss. We will need to sign a for sure 2nd/3rd like tweener middle forward who is preferably a center but Halonen could be a good bottom 6 option for us. It's a shame there isn't much season left for him to get some valuable games at the NHL level. The team is better moving on from guys like Tierney and Nosek. Halonen dropped the mitts a few weeks ago and dropped his opponent so he does have some sandpaper to his game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad