Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Back to other team stuff.

Wtf are we going to do now. We have like 2 guys that are legitimate faceoff guys. And Haula who can fill in.

Nico, nosek (injured), Haula.

Hughes and mercer are bad at it.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Wtf are we going to do now. We have like 2 guys that are legitimate faceoff guys. And Haula who can fill in.

For starters, faceoff win percentage has a miniscule impact on the game.

More importantly, Adam Henrique has a 53.2% faceoff win rate on the season and has hovered around 55% since 2019 :)

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

Now that we don't have the best faceoff guy in the league, it's safer to go back to just pretending they don't matter going forward.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
what about Mark Jankowski?
- Center
- Top 3 forward in points in the AHL
- Has NHL experience
- Plays PK
- Contract expires end of this year (UFA)
- Decent playoff guy (55% FOW% in 50 games in the NHL last year, over 343 draws)

Or maybe (don't kill me) we can pry Henrique back? Ducks suck so maybe they'd offload him at 50%? McLeod is gone anyway, and we know what rico would bring as bottom 6

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Finally, the Misyul era begins
Genisyul era?

IMG_7703.jpeg

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
what about Mark Jankowski?
- Center
- Top 3 forward in points in the AHL
- Has NHL experience
- Plays PK
- Contract expires end of this year (UFA)
- Decent playoff guy (55% FOW% in 50 games in the NHL last year, over 343 draws)

Or maybe (don't kill me) we can pry Henrique back? Ducks suck so maybe they'd offload him at 50%? McLeod is gone anyway, and we know what rico would bring as bottom 6

Jankowski was a tryout for the team in 2021 and they ultimately did not sign him to a contract.

I think at some level these sorts of players do not really matter - there is a difference but you're still just not likely to get NHL-quality player out of any of them.

We'll see if they take Ruzicka, who had great results last year under Sutter but has struggled under Huska.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
For starters, faceoff win percentage has a miniscule impact on the game.

More importantly, Adam Henrique has a 53.2% faceoff win rate on the season and has hovered around 55% since 2019 :)

That may be somewhat true at points, but not if the game makes it to OT.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Regarding the jersey, this is my guess at what it will look like based on what I've been told by people that know... plus the merch that has been trickling out in the Devils Den that supports it. The only thing that is unknown for me is whether the shoulders are black or not. I saw something that leads me to think they are going to be black.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Regarding the jersey, this is my guess at what it will look like based on what I've been told by people that know... plus the merch that has been trickling out in the Devils Den that supports it. The only thing that is unknown for me is whether the shoulders are black or not. I saw something that leads me to think they are going to be black.

Aren’t they supposed to drop today?

Reactions: mdj12784

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Yup... that was the report... and I had known that retailers were given an opportunity to order Stadium Series merch and there was an NDA that expires today. Scarves, pucks, jerseys, and such.
Thanks for the info! Hopefully later today!

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

Is the artist that Bratt Pack guy?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad