Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
The events of the last couple days might be the punch that KO’s this team. The team has trouble with focus on the best of days. Tonight the level of distraction will be through the roof. Having Mikey plucked out of the dressing room is likely a disaster. I think his value to the team and dressing room is understated

Reactions: theoptimist

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
The events of the last couple days might be the punch that KO’s this team. The team has trouble with focus on the best of days. Tonight the level of distraction will be through the roof. Having Mikey plucked out of the dressing room is likely a disaster. I think his value to the team and dressing room is understated
he seems like a fairly quiet guy tho, no? now if you plucked nate or smith, THAT would be a hit to locker room dynamics (i'd imagine)

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why such an early morning skate? This is when the home team would be skating.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah i might of agree with this. one thing this team hasn’t been (besides structured, defensively sound, strong on breakouts…) is mentally strong. i could see them crumbling if they don’t get off to a good start.

carolina is climbing the standings, had a huge win last night and they have their moms trip right now so i’m sure they’ll be motivated to lay a beating on us. this could be ugly

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
@Bleedred
Agreed. It’s the Hockey Gods revenge for last years incredible season 🫤
Why couldn't last year's "incredible season" end in a Stanley Cup?

It would make this Gong Show Of A Season a bit more bearable (just a bit, though)....sigh.....

EDIT : Then again, McLeod's name would be engraved forever on the Cup so maybe it's a good thing it didn't happen that way?

Last edited:

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
With respect to number three the absolute best case scenario for him and the team is he knew about it, didn't participate, but didn't say anything. That's obviously still a horrible action/inaction.
If I had to speculate it would be that McLeod is the wheel that set this in motion. I’m basing this off the deleted instagram story on Mcleods instagram that was captured before deletion.

The photo showed howden,katchouk,raddysh, formenton and McLeod. We know two of those players are part of the 5. The next question begs is why would someone be scowering mcleods instagram and have the smarts to screen shot the story before deletion(24 hours after posting). I would speculate the victim searched the 2018 wjc team saw a guy who looked like the guy she was talking to (McLeod) and then decided to try and locate his instagram and then was smart enough to screenshot the story with the geo tag

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
yeah i might of agree with this. one thing this team hasn’t been (besides structured, defensively sound, strong on breakouts…) is mentally strong. i could see them crumbling if they don’t get off to a good start.

carolina is climbing the standings, had a huge win last night and they have their moms trip right now so i’m sure they’ll be motivated to lay a beating on us. this could be ugly
or it could be pretty. c'mon POSITIVE VIBES NEEDED

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If I had to speculate it would be that McLeod is the wheel that set this in motion. I’m basing this off the deleted instagram story on Mcleods instagram that was captured before deletion.

The photo showed howden,katchouk,raddysh, formenton and McLeod. We know two of those players are part of the 5. The next question begs is why would someone be scowering mcleods instagram and have the smarts to screen shot the story before deletion(24 hours after posting). I would speculate the victim searched the 2018 wjc team saw a guy who looked like the guy she was talking to (McLeod) and then decided to try and locate his instagram and then was smart enough to screenshot the story with the geo tag
That's some in depth speculation

Reactions: HBK27

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
or it could be pretty. c'mon POSITIVE VIBES NEEDED
devils fans on October 12 :

1706198906952.gif

devils fans now:

i-dont-want-to-be-around-anymore-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif

Last edited:

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada

You are way down that rabbit hole

Reactions: OmNomNom

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Putting aside the centers, NJ's defense is incredibly young and inexperienced. Bahl and Nemec as the first pair? Both good players but how many NHL games between them? Luke on a second pair with a somewhat struggling Marino? How many NHL games for Hatakka? Eventually this would be a very good defense corps but I'm not sure that day is now. To me this is a bigger issue in the short term than the loss of McLeod. We know the NJ goalies need a fair amount of defensive support and that is going to be tough.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Are we really gonna healthy scratch Holtz for Tierney, who has as many shots on goal as Holtz has actual goals? Really?
I think that’s writing as willman/downey centered by Tierney with Holtz as the RW

Looks like maybe one of willman or Downey will get scratch ed

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad