GDT: Preseason Game 8: Red Wings vs leafs 10/5/24 7pm et

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
AlJo --- He looks ready and capable to keep up with NHL play. Fleet-footed, IQ, and hands all tell me he's up to the pace. All will take him far even if he's not going to manhandle guys in the corners

Soderblom --- Love the hustle this game... That's what I've been waiting for. He will go a long way if he imposes himself like the 6'8 man that he is

Berggren --- I dunno, he doesn't quite do it for me. Not quick enough with his reactions and speed to make an offensive difference at this level and he's nothing to sneeze at defensively. Not sure if it's mental, but I'm not sure he's more than a 40 point guy tops

Wallinder --- I liked what I've seen here today. Poised with the puck, not panicking. Not over-reading without the puck. Just needs to go back to GR and nail down his defense against transition and rush play

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
1. Lalonde sucks, also Elmer wasn't on ice during power play and end of the game.
2. Berggren was only one who could create something
3 Rasmussen ether not 100% or he is just sucks. Kasper should play over him.
4.Danielson, Elmer, Mazur not Make it in
5.Husso was very good.
6.Copp is overpaid, but useful guy, not Holl.
7.AJ looks like bottom pair NHL defansman
I like to see our bottom 6 as
Motte Kasper Berggren
Veleno Copp Fischer

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
1. Lalonde sucks, also Elmer wasn't on ice during power play and end of the game.
2. Berggren was only one who could create something
3 Rasmussen ether not 100% or he is just sucks. Kasper should play over him.
4.Danielson, Elmer, Mazur not Make it in
5.Husso was very good.
6.Copp is overpaid, but useful guy, not Holl.
7.AJ looks like bottom pair NHL defansman
I like to see our bottom 6 as
Motte Kasper Berggren
Veleno Copp Fischer

ras had nothint to play for besides not getting injured

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Leafs' A team vs. Wings' C team. Wings actually did a good job to keep it close, only one ES goal against just not enough collective skill to hang onto the puck the last two periods.

Continuing to be impressed by AlJo.. He's what used to be called a gamer. Always engaged, busy, doing the right small things, sticking his nose in, getting the most out of somewhat limited physical ability. He's a good passer and reader of the play and is quick enough to track his guy defensively.. Wish he was a little bigger but he has a chance to carve out a decent NHL career.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Sorry I think you might be right. Might have been Wallinder, not Johanson

Understandable confusion on your part. One of them was among the tallest defensemen on the team, the other the shortest. They play nothing alike. Otherwise though almost identical and of course both Swedish. Easy for even the keenest observer to mistake one for the other.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Copp was playing like it was important.
Rasmussen should sit healthy and let Kasper play for Red Wings
maybe copp feels be has more to prove. copp and rasmussen both locks to start opening night IMO and im sure they each have their reasons for either playing hard or easing into it in the pre-season.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilidk

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
You have to work in HR or something. You are completely unlikable, it's hard to fathom how it's even possible
If I knew somebody in HR I'd call them Toby.

71f1523124fdcad3be1be95514098317.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad