Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
But Buffalo went backwards in the draft from 11 to 14. They added a 2nd at least, but wouldn't Carolina prefer #10 to #14 if the Devils were willing to part with it?

Knowing how Carolina is I’m pretty positive they’d prefer 14 and 42. Carolina loves to trade back and make a ton of picks every year. They want all the darts they can have

Maybe Buffalo is getting more picks for Carolina here.

Maybe Buffalo wanted to grab the 2nd for themselves/other moves because Necas is going to cost 1st+.

I don’t see us trading for Necas because the price is rumored to be very high. I don’t see how he’s a guy to push multiple chip in on.

Kind of wild there’s been two major pick trades before the draft. Pretty sure that’s unprecedented.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I know Mercer had a down year, but honestly I don't care one bit about it. Two ways it can go.

He keeps his spark, is a bottom 6 workhorse that teams trade for every year at the deadline and get so much credit from everyone during the playoff runs. We presumably already have ours and don't have to waste assets to get him.

Or he turns into a Hyman, Rust, whatever name you want to throw out there that just sat passenger on a line with some great center while doing all the right things and racking up points. We need that for Jack, I could see him turning into that guy in the next year or two.
Plus, the kid is mostly injury free.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m going to ignore the rest but this isn’t true btw.

Maybe some idiots thought Calgary fleeced Florida, but who cares what idiots think?
Yeah I think the majority was just puzzled why Calgary would trade for 'win now' pieces and double down on a team that had no Thachuk or Gaudreau?

As far as Brady, he has a NMC just like Matt did or he will by the beginning of next offseason, and I don't even think he'd be realistically shopped until the 2026 offseason. If he doesn't want to come here any more than his brother did, there'll be no trade even if Fitz threw in Chico, the Dano meme factory and NJayDevil in addition to like the six first rounders and top four defenseman in that Lindros-esque proposal (and with Lindros you at least had him from the start of his career until he was 31).

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Yeah I think the majority was just puzzled why Calgary would trade for 'win now' pieces and double down on a team that had no Thachuk or Gaudreau?

As far as Brady, he has a NMC just like Matt did or he will by the beginning of next offseason, and I don't even think he'd be realistically shopped until the 2026 offseason. If he doesn't want to come here any more than his brother did, there'll be no trade even if Fitz threw in Chico and NJayDevil.

the suggestion of trading chico disturbs me!

do you not remember how dejected he looked when traded to the flyers?

and given a f***ing joke of the airbrushed hair in a pre photoshop world

have mercy!

Screen Shot 2024-06-27 at 5.03.40 PM.png

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

As far as Brady, he has a NMC just like Matt did or he will by the beginning of next offseason, and I don't even think he'd be realistically shopped until the 2026 offseason. If he doesn't want to come here any more than his brother did, there'll be no trade even if Fitz threw in Chico and NJayDevil.

Matthew could pick his destination because of the extension.

Right now Brady can be traded anywhere, Ottawa isn’t trading him because they don’t want to.

I call bullshit on Brady, with years left on his deal, immediately forcing a trade to a team of his choice.

Colorado agreed to trade Duchane and then that took forever to happen. It was in November of the 2nd to last year of his deal when it did happen.

Arizona asked their more veteran players if they wanted to be traded, instead of staying for the rebuild, and Chychrun said yes. Then Arizona took their sweet time trading him.

Ottawa needs Brady and will keep him. If he gets moved it will be years from now.

And the Chicklet dipshits had Nylander going to Chicago at some point. They got a lot of air to fill.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Matthew could pick his destination because of the extension.

Right now Brady can be traded anywhere, Ottawa isn’t trading him because they don’t want to.

I call bullshit on Brady, with years left on his deal, immediately forcing a trade to a team of his choice.

Colorado agreed to trade Duchane and then that took forever to happen. It was in November of the 2nd to last year of his deal when it did happen.

Arizona asked their more veteran players if they wanted to be traded, instead of staying for the rebuild, and Chychrun said yes. Then Arizona took their sweet time trading him.

Ottawa needs Brady and will keep him. If he gets moved it will be years from now.

And the Chicklet dipshits had Nylander going to Chicago at some point. They got a lot of air to fill.
Yeah he's obviously not getting traded in the near-term hence why the NMC will factor in for him too by the time Ottawa would ever get around to trading him. I mean just hiring Travis Green screams win now!

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad