Prospect Info: 2024 46th Overall - Tanner Howe (F)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Still very much hate this pick. Feels like mimmal upside here. Best case he makes it as a bottom 6 forechecker.

Another thing thats alarming is that outside of the regular season his production is downright ABYSMAL, which just further strengthen the point that the skill just isn't there...

1 point in 11 games in the U18....
4 points in 7 games in WHL playoffs.

Gonna call this a bag pick without upside until someone shows me oterwise.

Reactions: Andy99

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
Seems like this guy will be - at worst - a bottom six pest, with a more likely upside being a complementary scorer.

Read an article comparing him to Zach Hyman, I'll gladly take that from a second round pick even without the McDavid-inflated numbers

Reactions: td_ice and Peat

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Still very much hate this pick. Feels like mimmal upside here. Best case he makes it as a bottom 6 forechecker.

Another thing thats alarming is that outside of the regular season his production is downright ABYSMAL, which just further strengthen the point that the skill just isn't there...

1 point in 11 games in the U18....
4 points in 7 games in WHL playoffs.

Gonna call this a bag pick without upside until someone shows me oterwise.
I wouldn't put much stock in small sample sizes from a draft minus one year.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Was his last U18 tho.
But sure. Smallish sample size, still concerning
I'm not overwhelmed with his upside either, but there's honestly not an awful lot to choose from in the middle of the 2nd round here.

He apparently plays with some fire and has shown he can play with elite talent, so that's something anyway. I appreciate a prospect who wants to emulate Marchand/Tkachuk.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think the question is if Howe is a gem that flew under the radar because of Bedard in his D-1 and a horrible team in his D0. Victim of circumstance, recency bias and overexposure.

Or is he an older prospect that doesn’t have much more to show?

Time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad