Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Nosebleed

Oct 10, 2014
Well you could also look for a hockey trade for the left side.
Wonder if Jakob Chychrun could be a trade target. Not the biggest fan of him, but Ottawa is paying big money to Sanderson and Chabot. Maybe Travis Greene likes Marino too. Cap might be a problem once Chychrun needs a new deal, but Palat’s no movement clause kicks in July 1st 2025 so he can be moved. Gritsyuk and Lenni probably both coming over next year . Gritsyuk taking over 3rd line duties and Lenni if Holtz doesn’t take a step forward.

Reactions: Rhodes 81

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
My mistake, I misread it on Cap Friendly.

You know what would be a genius (but wildly unethical) move? If the Caps announced that they weren’t buying CapFriendly after all, but secretly they still did. They keep it public, but then they use it going forward to feed other teams subtle disinformation.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I am not a fan of this. Signing a guy who will be 30 shortly after the season starts, and will likely get around a 6 year term vs. a 27 year old with 3 years left at a lower cap hit (probably significantly lower as well) and there not being a massive difference in quality is absurd.
I don't really want to do it either tbh.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The Palat stuff isn't interesting, but I understand why people are so divisive about his contributions (or lackthereof).

What I'll never understand is people trying to jettison Hamilton at every opportunity. Guy was huge in 2023. Unfortunate injuries either side obviously, but he's been solid value for that contract and we're a much worse team when he isn't in the lineup. Looking forward to having him back and healthy this season.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
That’s the life, eh?

I was more coastal. Spent every summer of my young life going up to Oqunquit/Wells, worked in Perkins Cove in the summers between college years, met my wife there who was from Wells and now we’re expecting baby boy #2 this November. So in short, I have a lot to be grateful to the state of Maine for!
Congratulations on getting married and having a son in November and the son you presently have, along with your gratitude for the State of Maine.

I have never lived in a State I didn't love. Massachussett, Kentucky, New Jersey, and Maine. I am back in NJ. With a second house in Harwichport, Mass in Cape Cod for many years, Maine was a second house also.

Enjoy your life, I think you do. Thanks for the response.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
This season’s for @Maine Fan , stay strong there sir!

No idea if your name is strictly for U of Maine or the state itself, but Maine is one of my favorite places on Earth. So whatever your affinity to Maine is, feeling is mutual. :)
My granddaughter is a sophomore at the University of Maine in Orono, Maine. She lived at home with her family, my son, in NJ.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
How legit are these Pesce rumours?
Sara Civilian said the person it came from seemed legit, and I recognize her from Hurricanes Twitter. Then a few Devils guys I recognize said it seemed legit, like Alex Chauvancy

I just wonder why or how we make it work - Im excited for this next week though, thats for sure!

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Elliotte did his Elliotte thing about pesce Saturday or whatever and mentioned the devils specifically as being in on pesce

Never heard of the this dude from the tweet today, however Civian covers the NHL and she's vouching for him a bit with that QT.
He did his ''Wondering'' thing.

He says wonder more times per podcast than Del Shannon does in Runaway.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
How legit are these Pesce rumours?

He did his ''Wondering'' thing.

He says wonder more times per podcast than Del Shannon does in Runaway.
" I heard " " I wonder " " I think " it's his tip off lol, if he doesn't know he legit says he doesn't know before he makes the statement.

It was funny with Dougie for 3 weeks leading up to UFA every podcast he was like yeah he's a devil didnt even try and hide it

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Read somewhere that Pesce did play LD with Dougie when Dougie was in Carolina. Probably didn’t play a whole lot, but still interesting…
Assuming he can play LHD

Pesce - Hamilton
Hughes - Marino
Siegenthaler - Nemec

Actually a pretty solid d-core with a good mix of size, puck moving ability, offense, and skating. Can shift guys depending on game situation, like Luke with Dougie/Nemec for more offense. If Keefe can get Marino back to 22-23 level and Siegs back to 21-22 level that'll be a very deep d-core. Even a 22-23 Siegs is more than fine as a 3rd pairing guy.

Still a little bullish on the whole thing but I can see the vision. If they want to play Pesce and RHD and trade Marino I assume a similar LHD gets brought in.

Reactions: Guadana

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
What would you want from the Sens for Marino (That's reasonable of course, so obviously not Tkachuk)?
I don't think we're the best trade partners tbh. If we do make a move for Pesce and have made Marino available I would imagine Fitzy is looking for someone he can slot into a T6 RW role. Obviously Marino would be involved in a package and not straight up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad