Who is going to be this year's Chris Kreider / Zach Hyman? (50+ goals)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Brady Tkachuk, Cole Caufield, William Nylander and Jack Hughes going off of the shot volumes they had last season.

JT Miller, Brock Boeser, Seth Jarvis, Lucas Raymond and Nick Suzuki going off their shooting percentage from last season.

My money would be on Hughes or Nylander but I don't think they fall in the unexpected category

Therefore its gonna be Brady for me
Nylander has posted back to back 40 goal seasons, it is really unexpected he could get 10 more? Don't think he really fits here.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Owen Tippett was 11th in shots on goal per game last season, somebody has to score for the Flyers and if he clicks with Michkov who already looks like a playmaking star, who knows?

Trying to go a bit more out a limb here. Which means he will probably start slow and the Torts will stick him on the 4th line with Cates and Poehling…sorry Flyers fans lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDoldrums

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
People are picking star players with already one, if not multiple, 40 goal seasons having an uptick in production (Robertson, Nylander, Guentzel) or young players with loads of potential getting there faster than expected (Johnston).

Don't think that is in the spirit of the thread.

I will pick guys based on a similar profile to Hyman & Kreider. Late 20'/early 30's, good 2nd line players, few seasons in the 25-28 goal range, don't expect much else, then bang, monster season 50+ goals due to good linemate + luck.

I will say Ehlers.

25 goals last season with zero on the PP. Jets in general were bad on the PP but with Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor, Perfetti, and Morrissey, It would depend on the PP going off this season and Ehlers being PP1 and adding 20+ goals on the PP to his 5v5 production.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsQC

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Every time I watched a Stars highlight package during last year's playoffs, Johnston was by far the most dangerous player on the ice... he just seems to have an elite sense of where the puck will be, and he has the shot to finish those chances

10 goals in 19 playoff games could very well be an indication of a 50+ goal season on the horizon

...or Jeff Skinner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad