Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Jersey boy…

IMG_1897.jpeg

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Erika is a tremendous loss.

Ok - what about LHD. If instead of chasing UFAs this year, we targetted guys who still have a year on their contract and will be FA next year, going by +17m TOI we have:
Hedman
Pettersson
York
Chychrun
Provorov
Theodore
Kandre Miller
Mook
Slavin
Guhle
Romanov
McCabe
Gavrikov
Lindell
Byram
Middleton
McNabb
Evans
Suter
Hague
Wotherspoon
Knyzhov
Harris
Bahl
Orlov

Of that list - a bunch are impossible (York, Ghule, Byram etc...) a bunch are old/prob won't move (Hedman, Slavin Suter etc).

On the unlikely but fun front: snaking a Romanov from rebuilding Isles, Pettersson from strapped Pens, Provorov (I know y'all love him), Gavrikov, McCabe, Hague, Middleton? all have some size and some have some ick contracts but...

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Erika was ok. Not bad, not great. Seemed like a nice person and I hope she gets another gig. But I really don't care that she's not coming back. I don't care that Deb left and I just hope whoever they bring in is competent and well spoken.

All depends on who they replace her with.

Deb Placey was a nightmare. Looked like she just rolled out of bed after a long night of binge drinking and didn't ask good questions so Erika was a big improvement.

To be honest though, when Matt Laughlin filled in for Erika while she was out on maternity leave, I think he did a better overall job that her.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Deb Placey was a nightmare. Looked like she just rolled out of bed after a long night of binge drinking and didn't ask good questions so Erika was a big improvement.

To be honest though, when Matt Laughlin filled in for Erika while she was out on maternity leave, I think he did a better overall job that her.
Deb was always tripping over her words too.

Maybe this is partly why I like Erika so much, she was such an improvement over Deb in terms of delivery.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Erika is a tremendous loss.

Ok - what about LHD. If instead of chasing UFAs this year, we targetted guys who still have a year on their contract and will be FA next year, going by +17m TOI we have:
Hedman
Pettersson
York
Chychrun
Provorov
Theodore
Kandre Miller
Mook
Slavin
Guhle
Romanov
McCabe
Gavrikov
Lindell
Byram
Middleton
McNabb
Evans
Suter
Hague
Wotherspoon
Knyzhov
Harris
Bahl
Orlov

Of that list - a bunch are impossible (York, Ghule, Byram etc...) a bunch are old/prob won't move (Hedman, Slavin Suter etc).

On the unlikely but fun front: snaking a Romanov from rebuilding Isles, Pettersson from strapped Pens, Provorov (I know y'all love him), Gavrikov, McCabe, Hague, Middleton? all have some size and some have some ick contracts but...
Hopefully they are not looking at Matheson from Montreal....Petterson or Provorov would be good.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

deb's sex hair was legendary

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i just saw on that main boards that mikheyev is likely to get waived/dealt. i don't know much about him, but he seems like a big boy who can carve out a nice spot on someone's bottom 6, but is also injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad