Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
jason-bateman-oh-shit.gif

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The team should've left MSG when it had the chance regardless of this stupid decision to move away from Erika. The inability to come to an agreement with Xfinity and therefor not enable a significant (most of the state I think) to actually watch the Devils is insane. I had a few options to watch the Devils and I live in NJ.

1. Get a VPN and use ESPN+, most people won't do that.
2. Find someone with a different provider and hopefully they'll let you use their password and log in in for to watch via MSG Go.
3. Switch cable providers. Most people won't do that for 82 games.
4. Pay an absolutely INSANE amount of money for the MSG app. Did anyone actually do that?

It's a total joke that that happen in the state that the team plays in. Almost inexcusable. The Devils needed to find something different and I blame the organization almost as much at this point as I do Xfinity and MSG themselves.
I finally went with #3. For me the Devils are my #1 viewing priority, but yeah, for others who are fringey fans, you just lose that segment.

At least they are taking the Rag's down with them. No Devils but all Rag's would be a killer to the organization.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Don’t know why but I’m scared.
I'm just glad we're finally (apparently) at the fireworks factory. Don't think Fitz'll be raked...but we've been hearing about this trade for a year a la Timo so it was probably inevitable it was going down one way or another unless the Flames just held him hostage.

Camille the Eel

Erika was too good at what she did so of course they're ditching her...

Bring in Leah Hextall now I suppose.
So sorry to hear that Erika is gone. And why on earth would they have fired or not renewed her? What new direction can they take? She is competent, reasonably informed, popular with the audience, a class act, has been gaining notoriety with the NHL network and other outlets . . . I can’t figure it out at all. Except if MSG’s broadcast arm in fact a Dolan enterprise, I don’t suppose one can look for loyal or particularly rational behavior. And look at some of the Bozos they employ to cover the Isles and Rangers.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So sorry to hear that Erika is gone. And why on earth would they have fired or not renewed her? What new direction can they take? She is competent, reasonably informed, popular with the audience, a class act, has been gaining notoriety with the NHL network and other outlets . . . I can’t figure it out at all. Except if MSG’s broadcast arm in fact a Dolan enterprise, I don’t suppose one can look for loyal or particularly rational behavior. And look at some of the Bozos they employ to cover the Isles and Rangers.
Like someone else said maybe they ditch the pregame entirely for more betting bs, or go to some more of a regional network version. If they just replace Erika with Catherine Bogart or whomever then it was definitely about money though - which is penny wise and pound foolish even if I do like Catherine on the YouTube stuff too.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I have way more feelings about the Erika news than I do Markstrom, UGH. maybe they’ll just replace her what that younger blonde woman they had on from time to time.

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad