Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
Has Jeannot been spoken about in here at all yet? Obviously has been disappointing with TBL but I feel like he could fill a need in the bottom 6/hopefully replicate some of the production he had in Nashville.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Has Jeannot been spoken about in here at all yet? Obviously has been disappointing with TBL but I feel like he could fill a need in the bottom 6/hopefully replicate some of the production he had in Nashville.
i'd love to take a flier on him, but i assume TBL would want some of our juiciest prospects

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Speak for yourself!

As far as LDs go that could maybe be available, how do people feel about Brayden McNabb from Vegas?
Looks like McNabb has another year, so would have to be traded for? Is Vegas looking to move him?

As far as just throwing ideas out there, I like the simpler solutions in the form of UFA's. Guys we know will be available. Dillon to me sounds like such a no brainer.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Thought Erika did a great job while here, she will be missed. Hopefully the job will go to someone that's cordial and professionally comparable.

Reactions: My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Looks like McNabb has another year, so would have to be traded for? Is Vegas looking to move him?

As far as just throwing ideas out there, I like the simpler solutions in the form of UFA's. Guys we know will be available. Dillon to me sounds like such a no brainer.

It would be a trade, yes. Vegas is cap strapped, so they will likely make moves off their roster of certain guys and they already have 7 defenders signed for next year (Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Theodore, McNabb, Whitecloud, Hague and Hutton). They could be a decent trading partner.

Hague is interesting since he is only 25 but is signed for only this coming year before becoming an RFA. McNabb might fill the better void of being a 3rd pairing veteran who you have come in for a year and evaluate.

Reactions: devilsblood

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
i'd love to take a flier on him, but i assume TBL would want some of our juiciest prospects
Very possible but that ask would be extremely unreasonable imo. His production with TB has been pretty bad and he was a scratch on numerous occasions. Just a matter of whether they’re willing to take the L and cut bait or hold onto someone they spent premium assets on. He also only has a year left before becoming a UFA I believe. For the right price though I’d be very interested.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
An extended Theodore for 10 OA works for me. Vegas probably doesn't want to make that pick so a three way trade might have to make it happen. Not sure what they are even trying to do though (get Marner?).

Reactions: Clam Jensen

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Erika was ok. Not bad, not great. Seemed like a nice person and I hope she gets another gig. But I really don't care that she's not coming back. I don't care that Deb left and I just hope whoever they bring in is competent and well spoken.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean if you're gonna compare anyone to Chico they'll probably lose that comparison, he's a national treasure - but you don't have to dismiss the loss of one by saying at least it's not another going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad