Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Didn’t Marino play left side last year ?

Seems like peace and then Marino slides to the left since bahl got annexed

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
That's a fun one .. I'd probably do that one.
I'd also do that; solves our forward problems outside of getting some defensive/physical 4th liners

Fitz did say he wants to make major changes to the team. Makes me buy the rumor even more. Seems like canes fans are disgusted with him possibly going to Jersey.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Yea not sure what the play is here

It’s either

A. Nemec goes down
B. Play your off hand
C. Aquire defense and figure it out later

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I was a fan of just running back the same 6 D but now that they're already not doing that then I don't care. Do whatever Keefe wants. I'm a believer in Keefe's ability to coach a defense.

That said, I feel like the most likely scenario would be that they are simply confident one of those four RD can play left effectively and Pesce is the best value they can get in a D right now in terms of the performance-contract-cost of assets equation.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Yea not sure what the play is here

It’s either

A. Nemec goes down
B. Play your off hand
C. Aquire defense and figure it out later
Think it’s probably B/C

He wanted a top 4 D and maybe Pesce was determined as the best option and he’s comfortable with someone on their offside if need be.

Will have to wait and see the number but 6M+ won’t leave us with much room for our forwards.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The most likely reason to add Pesce is you're not confident in going with both Luke and Nemec for a full season again

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
The most likely reason to add Pesce is you're not confident in going with Luke and Nemec for a full season again
I wouldn’t say that at all. It was reported that Fitz wanted a top 4 dman. Maybe he believes Pesce is the best option available and doesn’t care that much about hand.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Casey for McGroarty is a deal that makes sense to me. It’s a deal I want to do but only if we can snag one of the top D at 10

I think we should sell high on Casey. Not convinced his productivity will translate as well in the NHL and he plays a premium position.
Yep. Casey is never getting PP time with the Devils, which severely limits his overall value.

An obvious trade chip. They should move him while his perceived value is high.

It's the Palat deal for the back-end. Don't like it at all. Also seems like more of a unilateral decision because I doubt the analytics dept. are fans of it.

I doubt it shakes out this way and I'm not a fan of d-men playing their off-hand but wouldn't surprise me if Nemec could make it work next to Marino or Pesce.
Yep. I would be very wary of Pesce. Canes fans were talking about him already falling off, he's run into some injury issues this season, he's 30, and the Canes have zero interest in bringing him back.

There are red flags there. And unless Dougie's career is cooked, they don't need RD.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yeah and thinking that would prove Fitz has no idea how to evaluate talent.

They spent the entire year as the teams two most successful defenseman lmao
Lol. Successful Dmen on a bottom 10 team that gave up the 6th most goals in the league?

That's like when Adam Henrique was our most successful forward in 2015.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yep. Casey is never getting PP time with the Devils, which severely limits his overall value.

An obvious trade chip. They should move him while his perceived value is high.

Yep. I would be very wary of Pesce. Canes fans were talking about him already falling off, he's run into some injury issues this season, he's 30, and the Canes have zero interest in bringing him back.

There are red flags there. And unless Dougie's career is cooked, they don't need RD.

I also highly doubt Dougie is cooked from a torn pec

Reactions: Shakir ONeal

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
IMG_1903.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad