Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
If Habs makes the playoffs we can see him this season :sarcasm:
I believe he needs to have played 10 reg season games like Cole did in the last playoffs

Unless SKA falls short in the season or gets eliminated fast in their playoffs or for some other reasons I think he can't make it to 10

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Not really… little ball of hate like Zito in Fla likes smash mouth hockey vs pousse caca ballerina style and needs players who embody that style & philosophy to be successful. That’s all.

There isn’t one way to construct a winning roster or win the Cup…

I understand and agree with your point.

Where i disagree, is when you imply that Demidov is a caca ballerina style.

I will link you one of his KHL game. Watch him forecheck, challenge the D and fight in the corner.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Not really… little ball of hate like Zito in Fla likes smash mouth hockey vs pousse caca ballerina style and needs players who embody that style & philosophy to be successful. That’s all.

There isn’t one way to construct a winning roster or win the Cup…

Also the picks of Sennecke & Solberg should once and for all explain why Zegras MAY potentially be available….

There’s one way to mess up drafting though and it’s going for need vs BPA as we’ve learned lol

Reactions: Jaynki

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

I will link you one of his KHL game. Watch him forecheck, test the D and fight in the corner.
I’ve been on the Demigod bandwagon all season leading up to draft but he is no way a Verbeek style smash mouth warrior …. he simply isn’t which is ok, his game is based on skill

Reactions: Justin11

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Is there any NHL potential with Demidov's linemate Romanov? Watching highlights it seems they have pretty good chemistry but at 19 he is on the older side for the MHL.
Been honestly wanting to post this exact thing lol, they have great chemistry yeah, he's either finishing or setting up Ivan himself in all the highlights
Get that Romanov kid a lil contract see what happens :D

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I’ve been on the Demigod bandwagon all season leading up to draft but he is no way a Verbeek style smash mouth warrior …. he simply isn’t which is ok, his game is based on skill

His game is based on elite skill but he is not a ballerina, f***ing far from it.

Verbeek blundered.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
There’s one way to mess up drafting though and it’s going for need vs BPA as we’ve learned lol
Again it’s not need it’s philosophy of the style of game Verbeek & his coach want their team to play

His game is based on elite skill but he is not a ballerina, f***ing far from it.

Verbeek blundered.
Only time will tell…

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Yvon Demers, un bon p'tit gars de chez nous.
1530476579-reupjesus.png

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Takes 3-5 years minimum to judge a draft pick, even a very high one.
Depends on who really and in our case I think we'll pretty much know how great Demidov will be after his full year.

These type of players are rare and from watching hockey since I can remember like 10 years old..I'm 49 loll

I just have the gut feeling that we nailed our own "generational" player because I can't remember how long it's been that I've seen such promising talent that imo just can't fail and will surpass our expectations especially with the rest of the guys we have now.

He will make the team even better than it will already be!

At one point we'll crush anybody constantly lolll Man I'm pumped!😂

Anyways sorry and I do agree with your statement but again depends who's the pick.

Cheers!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The only way to mess up a draft is to draft the wrong guys. If you have the choice between Suzuki and David Pasternak and draft Suzuki because you need a center then yeah you made a mistake Pasternak is the superior player but Suzuki is still a good pick and if your scouting team is good enough to draft a Suzuki every year you'll be in a very good position. Don't mix up drafting for need versus drafting the wrong players.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Bergervin made some good trades/pickups tho in the first era.

Vanek, weaver, danault, petry, Weise, byron...might be forgetting a few....all fantastic pickups

Vanek and Petry are the only standouts in the first 5 years. Weaver was a bottom pair. Danault was a prospect that was unknown. Weise was a fourth liner. Not exactly the moves one makes to put them over the top. 2014 was the exception for moves but besides that it was an abject failure. 2017 was indicative of MBs mindset

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Depends on who really and in our case I think we'll pretty much know how great Demidov will be after his full year.

These type of players are rare and from watching hockey since I can remember like 10 years old..I'm 49 loll

I just have the gut feeling that we nailed our own "generational" player because I can't remember how long it's been that I've seen such promising talent that imo just can't fail and will surpass our expectations especially with the rest of the guys we have now.

He will make the team even better than it will already be!

At one point we'll crush anybody constantly lolll Man I'm pumped!😂

Anyways sorry and I do agree with your statement but again depends who's the pick.

Cheers!
That's kind of his point you don't know who is who before 2-3 years. The who you are talking about is with hindight after you know it's the wrong one.

Sam Reinhart looked like a bad 2nd overall pick for a few years. Took him 3 years to reach 50 points. Only one 60 points season in his first 6 seasons. Then he was the Panthers best scorer this year and overall he's been an okay pick. Not the 2nd best player of his draft but he's up there in a not so bad draft.

Reactions: CaptnNemo

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
By wanting to go big brain, Verbeek showed us that he was the most stupid man in the room.

May they enjoy Sennecke.

KK level blunder.

Imagine having a type of player and letting franchise talent go away.

Who can sincerely and genuinely watch Demidov and say he is not my type of player?

Its a complete non-sense.

Has good size. He is gritty, gives an excellent two way effort and fight like a dog in the corner. Thats on top of displaying absolute elite talent.

Its more about that they havent scouted him live and havent met him and they p***yed out.
I think Sennecke could be a patches level player- 60-70 points first line winger. Replace patche’s elite shot with elite hands. That said Demidov is another tier of prospect

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Vanek and Petry are the only standouts in the first 5 years. Weaver was a bottom pair. Danault was a prospect that was unknown. Weise was a fourth liner. Not exactly the moves one makes to put them over the top. 2014 was the exception for moves but besides that it was an abject failure. 2017 was indicative of MBs mindset
Byron too don't forget him. That was a fantastic pickup.

Danault was one of our most valuable players while he was here you can't take that way from MB just because he was an unknown prospect.

And I disagree with Weaver and especially weise. Both played huge roles for us in 2014 and once weise started to fall off, he turned him into danault. Doesn't matter if they were depth guys or superstars - a good move is a good move

MB has plenty of wrong doings but gotta give credit where it's due.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
That's kind of his point you don't know who is who before 2-3 years. The who you are talking about is with hindight after you know it's the wrong one.

Sam Reinhart looked like a bad 2nd overall pick for a few years. Took him 3 years to reach 50 points. Only one 60 points season in his first 6 seasons. Then he was the Panthers best scorer this year and overall he's been an okay pick. Not the 2nd best player of his draft but he's up there in a not so bad draft.
Yup - all about when you draw the line in the sand.

I always go back to 2003 draft:
- D+3 Staal looked the best player
- D+5 Richards, Carter or Parise
- D+10 Getzlaf and Perry

But in the end Bergeron & Pavelski were the cream of the crop

Reactions: CaptnNemo and LaP

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

I will link you one of his KHL game. Watch him forecheck, challenge the D and fight in the corner.

Demidov is always the first to jump the player that makes a dirty shot on a teammate. He does it time and time again. A bit like Slafkovsky does. He can also chirp.

Reactions: Jaynki

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
I agree with you all.

My point was that in Demi's case I project someone in the tier 2 of nhl stars. The ones that we already knew after their first year that they would have great impacts on their respective teams.

Not talking about the Mcdavid..Lemieux.
Bedard instant elite super stars obviously.

But you know what I mean..

As for the lower tiers

You are absolutely 💯 right!

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
[/QUOTE]
I think Sennecke could be a patches level player- 60-70 points first line winger. Replace patche’s elite shot with elite hands. That said Demidov is another tier of prospect
Agree

Sennecke is a great prospect indeed. Its not about him.

Franchise talent only comes so rarely tho.

Demidov is always the first to jump the player that makes a dirty shot on a teammate. He does it time and time again. A bit like Slafkovsky does. He can also chirp.

Exactly.

Hence why the narrative that he is a balerina is wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad