Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I just saw this on my Youtube recommended. Whichever one of you nerds did this, needs an Oscar or something.

*Chef's kiss*

At the end of the video when asked if he is ready to be THE gamebreaking player MTL need he smiled and answered like he know what's gonna happen

• Love
Reactions: InAG-P

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Hard not to be excited by this guy. Hopefully he gets some actually playing time in the khl and not just a couple minutes a game if he makes the team. If not they need to send him to the vhl witch probably wouldn't be that bad. As long as he doesn't end up in the mhl I'll be happy

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Why Philly tho? Do we know a reason at all?
Proximity to NY - one of the talking head, think it was Friedman & Marek on 32-Thoughts were mentioning Michkov enjoyed his visit to NYC and realized he could live in one of the boroughs w large Russian community and commute 1.5 hrs to Philly.

Lots of people actually do daily 1hr Amtrak commutes

Last edited:

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Proximity to NY - one of the talking head, think it was Friedman & Marek on 32-Thoughts were mentioning Michkov enjoyed his visit to NYC and realized he could live in one of the boroughs w large Russian community and commute 1.5 hrs to Philly.

Interesting, if that is actually the case, he’ll eventually end up with the rangers or islanders somehow (trade request, free agency etc). It will be hard to maintain a good quality of life while commuting 1.5 plus hours daily.

Reactions: morhilane

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
At the end of the video when asked if he is ready to be THE gamebreaking player MTL need he smiled and answered like he know what's gonna happen
I love the Habs but I also love Montreal the city. People that would fly in to the airport would talk about Lafleur and the Habs. They knew little about hockey but they’d go to the Forum to see a show. For us, players like Ryder, Higgins or Gallagher were interesting, but outsiders came to see game-breaking stars. Going to the Bell Center will be much more entertaining.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I love the Habs but I also love Montreal the city. People that would fly in to the airport would talk about Lafleur and the Habs. They knew little about hockey but they’d go to the Forum to see a show. For us, players like Ryder, Higgins or Gallagher were interesting, but outsiders came to see game-breaking stars. Going to the Bell Center will be much more entertaining.
We have been too boring for years now. I think Demidov will love Montreal ala Kovalev, and the fans will be very entertained and return the love and excitement.

Our core really needs one more exciting piece....this season hopefully growth and next season we start to change the expectations of everyone.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
We have been too boring for years now. I think Demidov will love Montreal ala Kovalev, and the fans will be very entertained and return the love and excitement.

Our core really needs one more exciting piece....this season hopefully growth and next season we start to change the expectations of everyone.

I really believe that he will be even a better player than Kovalev. I really liked Kovy, but he don't have showed all the time. Demidov looks like a more consistant type of player to me and better at defensive zone.

Demidov will be more in the mold of Radulov with great intensity in his game, consistent and more effort in his game than Alex Kovalev.

I don't said Kovalev is a bad player, but he never been a consistent type of guy to me.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

The Habs already fit the 7/8 player profile for a core:

1C - Suzuki
2C - Dach
Power F - Slafkovsky
Star F - Demidov
Specialty F - Caufield
Two-way D - Reinbacher
PMD - Hutson
Shutdown D - Guhle

The job for HuGo is surrounding these players with good depth. Besides people they draft from now on that turn out to be good, this is it. That's the core for the next cup contention window

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

He's not going to do that, I can guaranty you of that.

Reactions: Tyson

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
As long as they have the right supporting cast I predict you are right.

Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy, Beck, Hage, F.Xhekaj, Kapanen, Heineman, Koivu, Mesar, Rohrer, Sawyer, Thorpe, Farrell, Guhle, Reinbacher, Hutson, Mailloux, Engstrom, A.Xhekaj, Konyushkov, Harris, Barron, Strubble, Protz, Fowler, Volokhin, Miller, Dobes, Vecvanags

Reactions: cphabs and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad