Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Gionta and Schneider are reunited.

pixel.gif

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
What happend to "Quality goalies are easy to come by" and "Not spending first-rounders on a goalie"? I mean it in a sincere way. I'm trying to wrap my head around all of this.

League average goalies are easy to come by, I would have been happy picking one up cheap.

Elite goaltenders are much harder to come by, and I think Schneider can be one for us.

MountainGoat

Rags fans saying it's a bad deal for us so you know we made a good trade

seriously though I haven't seen much of Schneider so I hope he's worth it

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I don't think some of you people remember how painfully average to below average Marty was after he got back the injury. After the Carolina game he stunk. He can obviously still play and all but you cant trot him out there for 60 plus games. I'm gonna assume were splitting the 2 next year. At what ratio that is I dont know. I could see a situation where Schneider is starting the majority of our games in the second half of the year.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
look, Schneider is a good goalie. and he will help us win games immediately. I just HATE giving up good assets for goalies

at least we didn't take an unproven guy like Fucale at 9 though

Rob Nieds work ethic

Swarm it up Devils!
Aug 17, 2007
League average goalies are easy to come by, I would have been happy picking one up cheap.

Elite goaltenders are much harder to come by, and I think Schneider can be one for us.

Yeah, I see your point. I just ultimately feel like this is somehow questionable management of assets, like we could've solved the goalie situation by getting someone a little less established for a lot less.

On the other hand, this is Lou being aggressive instead of the mostly "Moneyball"-like Lou we've seen the last few years. So I guess this is a powerful statement from Lou and the organiztion.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
however I feel about the trade, Lou can still shatter expectations and make headlines

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I have let this settle in and I am so stoked. The future has arrived, ladies and gentlemen.

If we can trade back in and get Shinkaruk or another solid forward, this is an absolute victory for Lou and the Devils.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Um

Brodeur has been significantly below average for 3 consecutive years.

Year 1 - Terrible coach.

Year 2 - Stood on his head, carried team to Stanley Cup finals

Year 3 - Team in front of him couldn't score to save their lives.

Marty had one more year left in him. It was totally unnecessary to pay such a steep price for a goalie, when we could have acquired one for much cheaper after Brodeur retired.

Now Schneider goes from splitting games with Luongo, to splitting games with Brodeur. Its a bad move especially because we needed a good young forward prospect so badly. Who do we have in the pipeline? Nobody.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
I have let this settle in and I am so stoked. The future has arrived, ladies and gentlemen.

If we can trade back in and get Shinkaruk or another solid forward, this is an absolute victory for Lou and the Devils.

The 2nd Clarksons rights and a d prospect could get us back in the first round

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
I'm sorry but a healthy Brodeur, 41 or not, is far far far from the worst goalie situation in the league.

You want to get a goalie next season, that makes sense, but the team need for this year was offense and we passed on a potentially great player

Exactly the kind of thing I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad