Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Guys if we have Vancouver SV% we saved 27 GOALS - that is like 10 more wins. I wanted the russian badly, but this makes use a contender.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Year 1 - Terrible coach.

Year 2 - Stood on his head, carried team to Stanley Cup finals

Year 3 - Team in front of him couldn't score to save their lives.

Marty had one more year left in him. It was totally unnecessary to pay such a steep price for a goalie, when we could have acquired one for much cheaper after Brodeur retired.

Now Schneider goes from splitting games with Luongo, to splitting games with Brodeur. Its a bad move especially because we needed a good young forward prospect so badly. Who do we have in the pipeline? Nobody.

Marty was below average in each of the past three regular seasons. There's no getting around that.

Hedberg was awful last year.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
1)Only 2 more years on Schneider's contract. $4 mil per.

2)Capgeek already has Schneider on the NJD's roster. Props.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
I don't know what to feel really. Part of me says its too soon to get that kind of a goalie, and I hate to see the pick go, especially when we could've had Nichushkin, Shinkaruk or Domi.....

But I'll digest it for a while...

It's not like Schneider will be ecstatic to come to a new place and be no.2 again.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
When you deal with the Lou, you don't break secrecy unless he allows it.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Schneider talked to Mike Gillis shortly after that. And then Lou Lamoriello, who apparently swore Canucks to secrecy.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
It's not like Schneider is 22-23 years old either..... He'll be 30 sooner rather than later.....

I'm not too thrilled right now..

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
When you deal with the Lou, you don't break secrecy unless he allows it.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Schneider talked to Mike Gillis shortly after that. And then Lou Lamoriello, who apparently swore Canucks to secrecy.

I just came to post this :laugh: AMAZING LOU!

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Guys if we have Vancouver SV% we saved 27 GOALS - that is like 10 more wins. I wanted the russian badly, but this makes use a contender.

It's huge. We make the playoffs last year with Schneider.

Some people haven't realized that Brodeur is a below average NHL goalie. They keep looking for excuses.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You guys just got the best under 30 goalie in the league. You guys will fall in love with this man, enjoy him.

This person is right. I watch most every Canucks game I can, and he is amazing. He's already better than what Phily/Pittsburgh/NYI have in their nets, and dare I say he has potential to be Lundqvist level soon enough?

We also got him for a steal after what Colorado paid Washington for Varlamov two years ago. He's already played in almost twice as many games, and is much better than Varlamov was then and is now. They paid the Caps a first rounder for Varlamov two years ago, and Schneids is much more proven.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
It's huge. We make the playoffs last year with Schneider.

Some people haven't realized that Brodeur is a below average NHL goalie. They keep looking for excuses.

No way Brodeur is a below average goalie. He's a third defenseman for Christ's sake that still singlehandedly neutralize the dump-in game.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Marty is the starter on opening day for sure if he's healthy. Corey is there to split starts this year and take over #1 next year.

Kinda feel for Moose. Love the guy but the writing was on the wall after that horrid stretch.

I see Mary getting the opening day start as a possibility but Mary isn't play anywhere near 50% of the games.

Schneider has put up a .927 SV% for his career (98 games - 2715 shots). He is now going to play for the team that gave up the fewest shots last season. He will play a lot for us and he should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad