Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm not saying Brodeur is superior to Schneider since Corey is clearly a tier above in his peak years. But I don't think devil fans realize how important Brodeur was in aiding the defense.

If Schneider flops, we still have Wedge in the system. There's your puck handling goalie.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Marty's elite stickhandling will be missed though. There was a reason why the shot totals were so low.

True enough. Everything about Martin Brodeur will be missed eventually. The Devils will adapt.

This is just fantastic news. Build from the net out.

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
Marks my words Cory will be one of the best in the league very soon if not next season. He has been properly developed as Canucks fans just witnessed the worst trade in franchise history.

For those of you not sure of this trade you have zero idea what you are talking about. I can't WAIT to come back here mid season and see you guys in love with this guy

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
I'm not saying Brodeur is superior to Schneider since Corey is clearly a tier above in his peak years. But I don't think devil fans realize how important Brodeur was in aiding the defense.

Very true, but they would have had to adjust anyway since any replacement would be inferior to Marty in that department.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
More than half the shots we allowed last year were between the circles?

Not even gonna bother continuing this convo.

I actually have it recorded.

I went back and looked at shot charts for all 48 games the New Jersey Devils played last season, and recorded how many goals and shots were recorded in the box between the circles and the goal line.

I haven't had time to crunch the numbers or do a proper analysis, but the raw data tells me that we allowed 10 or more shots within the slot last season in 26/48 games in, 15 shots or more in the slot 6/48 times, and 20 or more shots in the slot in 2/48 games.

I was going to prepare a proper study using other teams, both high and low in shot quantity, using both conferences, for comparison. But sense you're dismissing me instead of engaging actual conversation, I'll present it now.

Give me a few days to crunch numbers.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
Marks my words Cory will be one of the best in the league very soon if not next season. He has been properly developed as Canucks fans just witnessed the worst trade in franchise history.

For those of you not sure of this trade you have zero idea what you are talking about. I can't WAIT to come back here mid season and see you guys in love with this guy

From a huge problem to a huge strength in one second.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
**** got real.

And lol at those of you bashing this move. We just had a huge problem taken care of. Can't wait for consistently decent goaltending again.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Congrats guys, Canuck fan here.

I'm happy for you guys and happy with the trade overall for a few reasons, two years ago I felt Cory to the Devils made sense, more of you showed a solid amount of respect for him that same year when we played one another.

Most other fan basis threw mud at us, I'm glad none of them got one of our goalies, none of you should hate this.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Congrats guys, Canuck fan here.

I'm happy for you guys and happy with the trade overall for a few reasons, two years ago I felt Cory to the Devils made sense, more of you showed a solid amount of respect for him that same year when we played one another.

Most other fan basis threw mud at us, I'm glad none of them got one of our goalies, none of you should hate this.

I remember 1 or 2 years ago when we played the Canucks and Schneider stole the game. You beat us 2-1 and Schneider was fantastic

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

This seems like an overstatement, but it's nice to see all of the Canucks fans seem to be upset about this.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
BG, you know what?

I'm thinking that Lou wouldn't have made that deal if there wasn't any discussion regarding that...Maybe he IS prepared to give him that extra 3-years to make it a 5-year-deal? I'm hoping.... :)

Schneider found out about the trade like we did, watching the draft, I doubt Lou had discussions with him or his agents.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Yea I can't really say anything negative about this. Obviously we could have used a big time forward prospect but the goalie situation was a massive problem. I NEVER believed that the heir apparent to Marty would come from within the organization and I was right. The young goalies we have in the system are just meh. I do feel for Hedberg because it seems like hes an amazing guy n all but he just can't play anymore. This HAD to be done for next year and the future. Like Feed ME A Stray Cat (Lol love that movie) said Marty was pretty bad after he returned from injury. He was Mr. Softee A LOT. He can definitely still play but not at a great level and it pains me to say since hes the GOAT but its the truth.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Schneider's idol is Mike Richter:

Cory Schneider ‏@Schneider_35 8 Jul

@AndrewRockswell Mike Richter is my idol, he was one of the best. I picked number 35 in honor of him. I'm glad his number got retired.
View conversation

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Can't believe all the Marty bashing going on in here.

It's the truth though. At this stage of his career, hes an average goalie at best. He gives up tons of weak goals even though he still occasionally makes the highlight real save. Everybody obviously loves him but you have to be realistic here.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
And so we've finally answered the question of who's going to replace Marty. I had hoped this day would never come.

But Schneider is a good American kid (kid, lol. he's my age) from the Northeast and can stand on his head. I like the trade. I wasn't in love with any of the first round options floated for NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad