Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainGoat

so Gillis made this move without talking to Schneider or Loungo before hand?

odd management technique

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'm starting to like the trade more and more. The main reason I was upset was bc I was so set on having another young Russian stud. If we sign Horton we will be a playoff team no doubt with the Marty Schneider combo.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This trade boils down to: Are we a better team than we were yesterday?

The answer is yes and potentially for a very long time.

Semak

Don't underestimate how this effects UFAs coming here. Marty is a legend, but players want to know that the team wil be competing for a cup and that was not a certainty with Marty and Moose. Now, players know NJD means business and is in it to win it.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Steal by you guys, I know you have some forward problems but this guy is legit. Great fundamentals and a great mental toughness. Just need to see if he can handle the load and with Marty there to ease up the first year he will have a seamless transition imo. Wish him the best and will definitely be keeping an eye on more Devs games.

Rella17

May 21, 2010
Bergen
ill like the trade a lot more if we actually sign some FAs and not bring in guys like Sullivan or Dags

we have cap room, use it

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well guys, congratulations on your GM completely destroying ours.

Schneider's going to be a top 5 goalie in the NHL for years, worth WAY more than the 9th overall. Wish we'd have just bought Luongo out and put this one to bed, but nope.

Anyway, I'm going to go outside and not think about anything hockey-related for a while.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Not 100% on this trade but Schneider has been excellent the past few years especially considering his numbers have been marginally better than Luongo who has been a top 5 goaltender since the lockout. If he can keep us below 2 gaa next year, then we're set even with our weak offense.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
James Duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie 7m
Roberto Luongo: "I'm shocked! I have to let this sink in and figure out what I'm going to do."

Hariken

Apr 7, 2013
So Moose has one year left and a no trade clause. I can't imagine him getting any ice time this year. In that regard, it's a shame, but given his age it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

He'll happily take that million for doing nothing, especially at his age. His last year will be a vacation year. LOL.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
What a crazy couple of minutes that was. There I was watching the draft and feeling like I did when we drafted Larsson because Nichushkin was still on the board. Then Bettman walks up to announce a trade, and I'm fully expecting him to say the Devils are trading down, and then he drops the bombshell that they traded it for Schneider. I'm still slightly in disbelief.

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
Can't imagine what it must feel like for Canuck fans right now.....

Maybe the same feeling that Broons fans had?

As long as Luongo doesn't have a sissy-fit, they just made it clear who their goaltender is and got two awesome forward prospects.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Canucks fan here, you guys got an absolute stud in Schneider.

Guy is one of the best technical goaltenders in the league, he's always in position and always remains calm under pressure.

He'll give you a re-assurance in net that i'm sure you've been used to for the past couple decades.

In addition, he is a very classy individual, he handled the goaltending controversy very professionally and i'm certain he will be thrilled to join your club and give it all he's got every night.

Makes me sick to see this guy go, you are set in net for the next 10 years.

Treat him well :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad