Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Lou knows we need a forward.

I dont think he makes this move if he knows we will lose Elias/Clarkson. Unless he is prepared to sign some FA's in Free Agency

Caustic

Feb 28, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Canucks fan here.

Honestly, Vancouver got fleeced on this deal. With our 9th we took Horvat who was ranked by most to be a mid-round pick, with many predicting him as a late 1st rounder earlier on. Who knows how he will turn out - but Vancouver has a history of not doing great with their picks.

With Cory, you guys now have a franchise goalie, with only a tiny chance he won't end up being what he appears to be.

So, I basically want our GM fired. But good for you guys; will be hard to live up to the legacy that Brodeur left, but I think you guys will be very happy with what you received.... especially considering the relatively low price paid.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
It's simple. A top goalie is nearly impossible to draft unless its by accident, we need an heir, 9 pick is a crapshoot on busting or not. We won the trade by FAR.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
Before today, the Devils had maybe the worst goalie situation in the league. I feel like people think it was somehow fine.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Everyone....

The only GOOD THING about this trade is that it ENSURES that when the Devils give up their Draft pick next year, it *won't* be a high one.

Yea, let's revisit this comment if Elias leaves.

This is a great trade.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I like it, we pretty much know what we got from this draft instantly.

We desperately need a forward though.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
A quick trip around the boards by me has found Canucks fans mad they didn't get more and our division opponents laughing off the trade and undervaluing Schneider. Meanwhile this board is still recovering from the aftermath of the news. :laugh:

I like this trade, so long as Schneider isn't gone after 2 years.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Before today, the Devils had maybe the worst goalie situation in the league. I feel like people think it was somehow fine.

I'm sorry but a healthy Brodeur, 41 or not, is far far far from the worst goalie situation in the league.

You want to get a goalie next season, that makes sense, but the team need for this year was offense and we passed on a potentially great player

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I have a feeling Moose is probably retiring. Man this is crazy. We pretty much stole the draft. I'm gonna assume were gonna be pretty active in July whether its resigning both Clarkson and Elias, bringing in someone via UFA, or trading one of the d-men prospects for forward help.

Rob Nieds work ethic

Swarm it up Devils!
Aug 17, 2007
What happend to "Quality goalies are easy to come by" and "Not spending first-rounders on a goalie"? I mean it in a sincere way. I'm trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Schneiders only weakness is his stick handling really, marty can teach him, he will be scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad