NCAA GDT: Week 5: The Mega Powers Explode

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The DB was also out of bounds it seemed when he reached in and knocked it out. It looked like the Tech player had enough possession and then once on the ground with possession, it was pulled out by a Miami player who had already landed out of bounds. It was very surprising to see that overturned based on the angles they showed.
Was the receiver in bounds?

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
The DB was also out of bounds it seemed when he reached in and knocked it out. It looked like the Tech player had enough possession and then once on the ground with possession, it was pulled out by a Miami player who had already landed out of bounds. It was very surprising to see that overturned based on the angles they showed.
I agree 100 pct but I also don’t know the exact standard they use for maintaining control/completing a catch in NCAA.

Even in the NFL it has gotten really unpredictable how they’ll interpret those type of rulings.

Yeah looked like he was in bounds the whole time.

he seemed to establish possession but they only really showed a slow mo replay so I guess in real time it might not have been as convincing

Either way great f***ing game. Really impressed by the poise of both QB’s

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The receiver landed more on front of and at an angle to that Miami DB. He looked to be in bounds while part of the Miami player that caused the ball to come out was definitely touching out of bounds. Miami did what they had to (barely), but I just feel that there was nowhere near enough indisputable evidence to oberyirm the call on the field (which is the standard to have a reversal, unless.the bigger check clears first of course).

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Did they say why it was overturned?

Because the ACC knows Miami will lose to Clemson if they make it to the Championship game and the play-offs aren't taking a 2 loss Miami team. They might be dumb enough to take a 1 loss Miami team if the ACC can keep Cristobal from throwing away another game before then.

• Wow
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad