Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign RD Christian Felton to One-Year ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Are there any Felton 'highlights' out there on YouTube? Can't really recall the guy at last fall's Development Camp at all. But I guess he did enough to impress the Canucks.

He's apparently been hurt since January, but did have more than a few NHL teams interested in him. And a one-year ELC hardly seems like much of a 'risk' for the Canucks.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
So, what do the Canucks have in Christian Felton?

I keep reminding myself that he's 24 years old. He'll need to make the big club soon if he's going to make it at all, but even if he shows promise, there's no room for him at the moment.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So, what do the Canucks have in Christian Felton?

I keep reminding myself that he's 24 years old. He'll need to make the big club soon if he's going to make it at all, but even if he shows promise, there's no room for him at the moment.

That was the first time in his life he's ever seen NHL skaters (or anything close to NHL skaters) and it looked like it was easy for him.

You don't want to overreact on one game (lesson learned : Hirose) but if he can go to the AHL and do that consistently he's going to play NHL games for this team. Maybe this year.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Well, at least we know who he is now. He was the best d-man in Penticton and now the best of the new younger defensemen in this game. Really a total surprise.

Has good wheels and showed good offensive play in the Young Guns tournament and through pre-season. Combine that with descriptions of him being a good defensive player in college and you may have something.

Thought he was as good as Ryker Evans in latest pre-season game and that is saying something.

We'll see but he has looked good to date.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Playing his way into a top-four role in Abbotsford, and positioning himself as one of the early call-ups. You have to give props to the Canucks NCAA scouts. Where'd this guy come from?

One year at Bentley University; and three years at Merrimack College. His best season was last year with seven points in 26 games. Yep, you read that right, seven points.

But clearly they loved his skating, hockey sense and compete level.....and inked him after he'd completed his senior year which is why he's a bit late starting his pro career.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Merrimack College has a pretty poor track record of producing NHL players and Felton didn't put up much points in college. That's usually not a good sign. I would temper my expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad