Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
It's funny that no Vancouver fans have come here saying we got the sucky end of the deal, but some of the Rangers fans make out like we traded for some kind of backup.

Well when you have the King:facepalm:

Why would you read what a bunch of Devil haters have to say.

Status Quo*

Can't wait to see him in goal for us. I was going ******* in my seat at the draft when I saw on twitter that it was going down before the pick.

Yo Devils, hurry up and make a player t-shirt already :laugh: I need one!

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I do think it's hilarious that Philly has been in goalie hell for 30 years, and Lou just walks up to Gillis on a whim and gets a decade of quality and stability.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 41m

Canucks were not have offered a 1st, 2nd and a very high end prospect by the Oilers, but that is what Gillis asked for...#trustmysource

Looks like the canucks choose the best offer after all.

Looks like it's a win win

As I said on the trades board the losers are the NYI and Philly. How do they let a divisional rival waltz in a take a core need for their team without putting up a tougher fight? You'd think they'd have been tired of watching NJ goaltending own them.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I feel bad for any goalie that goes to Philly.

Graveyard.

Ah yes the goalie graveyard.

13_zpse835659d.jpg

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
I do think it's hilarious that Philly has been in goalie hell for 30 years, and Lou just walks up to Gillis on a whim and gets a decade of quality and stability.

I love the fact that Brian Boucher has been their most successful playoff goalie in recent memory. And before that Hextall or Snow?

Fans are calling for Gillis' head after how he handled the goalie situation put Holmgren these last few years has been awful.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site

As a Canuck fan, I've been wondering the same for the past year +. Now granted, I naturally assumed it was going to be Luongo, but anchor of a contract aside, he would have been light years ahead of the retreads that the Islanders and Philly have been trotting out for what seems like forever.

The fact that it turned out to be Schneider in the end is an absolute embarrassment for those two teams (and, well, us). They can roll with whoever they manage to dig out of the scrap pile, meanwhile you guys just got a goaltender who - and I have little trouble saying this - should contend for the Vezina for the next 10 years. **** you. ;)

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Well when you have the King:facepalm:

Why would you read what a bunch of Devil haters have to say.

There was actually some idiot over there who said Luongo was the better/more consistent goalie for them last year.

Don't forget, every team has middling defesenemen in their system like we do and Larsson sucks because he didn't play 20mins per night in every game last year as a 20 year old.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
As a Canuck fan, I've been wondering the same for the past year +. Now granted, I naturally assumed it was going to be Luongo, but anchor of a contract aside, he would have been light years ahead of the retreads that the Islanders and Philly have been trotting out for what seems like forever.

The fact that it turned out to be Schneider in the end is an absolute embarrassment for those two teams (and, well, us). They can roll with whoever they manage to dig out of the scrap pile, meanwhile you guys just got a goaltender who - and I have little trouble saying this - should contend for the Vezina for the next 10 years. **** you. ;)

I really went to bed expected to hear Luongo was an Islander. Rumors were floating the night before the draft and it made sense. With goalie woes with ALL of our rivals minus the rags it is kind of shocking we were the ones who ended up with the franchise goalie.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
Marty playing 30 games is still a terrific goalie. His SV% should go back up to a more acceptable level and physically he will be sharper and able to do the things he's always done.

I am not in favor of him playing more than that while there is a top goalie on the roster who is in his prime and is clearly more suited to play every day.

And I love the fact that Marty could now play for a few extra years. I don't want him to retire.

Semak

I really went to bed expected to hear Luongo was an Islander. Rumors were floating the night before the draft and it made sense. With goalie woes with ALL of our rivals minus the rags it is kind of shocking we were the ones who ended up with the franchise goalie.

This is what I thought also. Making what ultimately happened even more shocking.

I think it would have been a lot funnier if NJ drafted Horvat first then traded him. The "WTF?" all around from leaving VN on the board first would have been hilarious, in hindsight.

B A T M A N

Ah, HFboards is truly a magical place. Where a thread about Schneider turns into Luongo vs. Brodeur
What's really magical is how people are still bringing up Luongo with Schneider. As if the two are conjoined to the other's hip. I don't really care if Luongo is better than Marty at this point. Marty is the best of all time. That's something no one else can even dispute. So, the bickering is childish.

kiwidevil

Canucks fans are right about how easy he makes things look with his play. So smooth and uneventful. Which is going to be weird going from Marty to Cory. Haha

Completely different styles. Even Marty's easiest shut outs bring out some acrobats on some routine saves.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I know we lack forwards but pending us re-signing Schneider, Lou has done a very good job of building from the net out. With Schneider at goalie and the kids in the farm. Merill,Severson,Urbom,Gelinas and Scarlett we should be solid defensively for years to come

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Marty playing 30 games is still a terrific goalie. His SV% should go back up to a more acceptable level and physically he will be sharper and able to do the things he's always done.

I am not in favor of him playing more than that while there is a top goalie on the roster who is in his prime and is clearly more suited to play every day.

And I love the fact that Marty could now play for a few extra years. I don't want him to retire.

Yeahhhh, he needs to hang it up after this season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Canucks fans are right about how easy he makes things look with his play. So smooth and uneventful. Which is going to be weird going from Marty to Cory. Haha

Completely different styles. Even Marty's easiest shut outs bring out some acrobats on some routine saves.

Now if Marty teaches him how to handle the puck...oh boy will we be in for years of fun :)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It just hit me but man I honestly can't wait to hear Chicos reaction to this.

Know people on here have ran into him and chatted him up in the past. Anyone catch him at the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad