Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
iblpIHAP514Pnd.gif

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I still can't we believe we got Cory Schneider. Lol Flyers they've been trying to find a goalie for a decade and we get it done in a day

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
You would think the goalies would shoot with a lefty stick lol, weird. Also they are right handed so they should be a lefty anyways (dominant hand on top).

not true. i know many people that have different golf and baseball and hockey 'sides'. some people can do a bit of both.

me its left shot/swing for all.

although i can throw football with both arms almost equally. had to learn that one in the brain. kicking a soccer ball is second nature, either foot.

nice catch on spotting that.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
You would think the goalies would shoot with a lefty stick lol, weird. Also they are right handed so they should be a lefty anyways (dominant hand on top).

Im sure this is the biggest reason as to why they're such brutal puck handlers. Even when they spend their whole life playing goal, their natural hand is opposite.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It just hit me but man I honestly can't wait to hear Chicos reaction to this.

Know people on here have ran into him and chatted him up in the past. Anyone catch him at the draft?
I'm sure he's as stoked as anyone here. He was very complimentary of him when we played them in 11-12, and I'm pretty sure I've even heard him compliment him other times in broadcasts when the topic came up.

He was pretty incredible in that game against us on Doc night back in 2012. He was the only reason they beat us, and it was one of those games where it's no shame in being shutdown by a fantastic goalie. I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him, and watched almost every Canucks game last year.

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
Congrats. Our ********* lawyer/agent GM just gifted you one of the top 4 goalies in the league. What an imbecile Gillis is.

Enjoy. Schneider will not disappoint.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm sure he's as stoked as anyone here. He was very complimentary of him when we played them in 11-12, and I'm pretty sure I've even heard him compliment him other times in broadcasts when the topic came up.

He was pretty incredible in that game against us on Doc night back in 2012. He was the only reason they beat us, and it was one of those games where it's no shame in being shutdown by a fantastic goalie. I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him, and watched almost every Canucks game last year.

Wish they have a camera following him around, or if someone pulled a quick Vine video of him. He must of let out one of the biggest Chico "wow"s ever.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago

I remember Elias quote after the game saying Schneider was one of the best goalies in the league

kiwidevil

There is a "writer" on Philly's board saying he would rather have Morin than Schneider.

Maybe he really is involved in the flyers org. after thinking about it.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
There is a "writer" on Philly's board saying he would rather have Morin than Schneider.

Maybe he really is involved in the flyers org. after thinking about it.

Well...the Flyers would ruin any goalie they have until the revamp the D and the system.

So maybe right NOW the better asset for them is the young D.

But all things being equal it would be Cory.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
After being shocked initially, I'm absolutely ecstatic about this move. The worst part about it is that we have to wait until September to even see him in Devils colors. Hopefully he gets a sweet mask.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Im still in shock. I find myself ocassionally watching the youtube video of the trade announcemnet. At the time I didnt know what to think. At first I was made then I wasl like what then I was really happy haha

IlyaGoalvalchuk17

Feb 17, 2012
Vancouver, B.C.
i love this trade so much. all my canuck friends are kinda mad about this trade.

but honestly, i've watched a lot of canuck games and cory is a very bad puckhandler. hopefully brodeur can help him with that.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
You wont be dissapointed in Cory.

Easily one of the best technically sound goalies around with a fire to win games and great sportsmanship.

I like the trade, hurts to see him go but the entire goalie dilemma needed to come to an end.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I keep getting more excited about this trade as time goes. To think we will again have years of high caliber, maybe even Vezina caliber goaltending is an excellent thought. Especially when two days ago the future looked like stop gaps and fill ins and hoping for average goaltending for a few years.

Talk about building from the net out. :yo:

TBIF

Jan 8, 2011

Should be noted this is why they are both awful puck handlers /apparantley I'm an entire page behind...

You've got to wonder, perhaps Luo and Gillis are on better terms then others? I don't know quite how to word it right. Potential trading partner in the future perhaps?

kiwidevil

I wonder how Luongo is feeling? You'd think if things have been "smoothed over" by the Canucks he would tweet something to the fans about the situation. Except all he has tweeted is the notradeclause one and also congratulating us.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Take care of Cory! :( We loved him here in Vancouver. I'm going to miss him - he's going to be a star in this league. Good luck to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad