Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Should be noted this is why they are both awful puck handlers
could be why or maybe he just doesn't work on it enough. Kovy dominant hand is his right and he still shoots right. (Dominant hand on bottom)

just22

Aug 2, 2009
I'm happy, of all the teams, that Cory is going to the Devils. I know he'll be treated well here. I'll be cheering for you guys.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Woke up this morning.

images

Welcome Cory.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
I'm still in disbelief. I won't believe it until training camp/opening night.
How did we get this guy, with two seasons left on his contract, without giving up anything else?? o_o

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
I'm still in disbelief. I won't believe it until training camp/opening night.
How did we get this guy, with two seasons left on his contract, without giving up anything else?? o_o

The draft was in the Soprano State. Sweet Lou told Gillis that either his brains or his signature would be on the trade papers, Italian style.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Cory will do even better in out system, less pressure on him than Vancouvers system was placing on their goalies (who preformed great)

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
wonder what Cory looks like without his facial hair. guess we will find out

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
My only fear is how hard the Rock Crowd will be on him.

By that I mean he's replacing Marty. We've seen #30 for 20 years now, and we've become almost spoiled by his skills, and some people will forever say "That goal would have been stopped if it was Marty" and stuff like that.

Imagine what it's gonna be like for him to replace a living legend.

Let the 35 era begin.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009

By that I mean he's replacing Marty. We've seen #30 for 20 years now, and we've become almost spoiled by his skills, and some people will forever say "That goal would have been stopped if it was Marty" and stuff like that.

Let the 35 era begin.

But we have no fanz brah

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey

Let the 35 era begin.

I originally didn't want another (proven) goalie in the system until next summer.
But the more I think about it, the more I think this is the perfect time to transition Marty out and a new goalie in.

There'll still be plenty of opportunity to watch and appreciate Marty - while slowly introducing the next era of goaltending.

It doesn't put an incredible amount of pressure on him as a starter, because he still won't be THE goalie.
It's also good, because I think Schneider is going to take a while to adjust to the teams here in the East. I don't know why, but I sense an initial struggle. At least he'll have Marty behind him if/when he does.

We also now have a coach that doesn't rely on exceptional goaltending to win games, so Cory isn't expected to drag teams into the playoffs like Marty did a few times.

It's a solid move. Loving this trade more and more every day.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I originally didn't want another (proven) goalie in the system until next summer.
But the more I think about it, the more I think this is the perfect time to transition Marty out and a new goalie in.

There'll still be plenty of opportunity to watch and appreciate Marty - while slowly introducing the next era of goaltending.

It doesn't put an incredible amount of pressure on him as a starter, because he still won't be THE goalie.
It's also good, because I think Schneider is going to take a while to adjust to the teams here in the East. I don't know why, but I sense an initial struggle. At least he'll have Marty behind him if/when he does.

We also now have a coach that doesn't rely on exceptional goaltending to win games, so Cory isn't expected to drag teams into the playoffs like Marty did a few times.

It's a solid move. Loving this trade more and more every day.

Agree.

I was happy about it to... but I know how SOME fans are.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Agree.

I was happy about it to... but I know how SOME fans are.

I was actually shocked at how positive the response was at the draft.
There was a moment where everyone took it in, but the fans that were there were seemingly ecstatic. I was even surprised at my own response.

He's got big shoes to fill, and there'll be some who'll always hold him up to Marty... but I think this season will be enough time for the majority of people to come to terms with the fact that we'll never have a goalie like Marty again...... god, I'm getting sad typing this. :(

DevilChuk*

I was actually shocked at how positive the response was at the draft.
There was a moment where everyone took it in, but the fans that were there were seemingly ecstatic. I was even surprised at my own response.

He's got big shoes to fill, and there'll be some who'll always hold him up to Marty... but I think this season will be enough time for the majority of people to come to terms with the fact that we'll never have a goalie like Marty again...... god, I'm getting sad typing this. :(

I just try not to think about Marty retiring :laugh:

Honestly, it was a weird sort of feeling at the draft. If you would ask me going in what my thoughts about acquiring a goalie (though I didn't think it would be in such a low-value trade or a goalie like Schneider), I would have wanted no part of that. Once it was done though.. the realization that we finally have an heir in place was awesome!

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Schneider isn't going to be a star.....he already is one. In Mid-March, the Canucks were in a free-fall and in danger of missing the playoffs. Then Schneider starts standing on his head, and gets a run of games in a row and is basically the first star in every one. The team's D was god awful last season with only really one good pairing, and goaltending was the only reason the Canucks were in the playoffs with Luongo great early on, and Schneids picking up the tab in the 2nd half of the short season.

Devils got themselves a vezina candidate for the next few years. IMO, with a full season Schneids was at the very least a candidate, if not a frontrunner.

He's every bit as good a person and leader as well. He's extremely well spoken and knows to say the right thing in interviews seemingly all the time. He was a professional with the situation he was in, and every teammate has nothing but great things to say about him, as typically goalies can tend to be quirky at least, if not self-centered and arrogant. I tend to believe if you can handle the pressure in Vancouver, you can pretty much handle it anywhere else as there aren't too many more places the spotlight is as intense or as negative as the Vancouver fans and media can be.

Congrats Devils fans, you now have an answer to the miracle work Lundqvist has been doing across the river over the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad