Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Goalie Cory Schneider from the Canucks for the 9th Overall Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
face of the franchise going forward is Kovalchuk, Zajac, Larsson, and Schneider

how many people would've gotten that right ~4 years ago?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
You guys are nitpicking. Schneider is going to be the franchise in goal, Larsson on defence, and Kovy up front, and that's what matters.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Hey Johan, can you run a power play? We do happen to have an opening as an assistant coach and you are well liked - heck, give it a shot! You have to better than that guy Shaw we had last year!

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
When I watch Luongo play, I'm excited to see incredible desperation saves because he gets so out of position. :laugh:

When I watch Schneider play, I actually appreciate goaltending. His positioning is outstanding and he's pretty damn flexible as well.

He is so damn calm and well-spoken. When you see his high save percentage maybe you think it's because he's on a good team, but it's not true. Our D has been horrendous since Jan 2012. Since then, our D leaves our goalies out to dry even more than before.

Schneider is an amazing goalie. Take care of him.

Man, I hope Bo Horvat doesn't bust. Something tells me that MG wanted him out of the conference, but he also didnt want to give him away to other teams that were probably trying to screw him in a lu trade.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Man, I hope Bo Horvat doesn't bust. Something tells me that MG wanted him out of the conference, but he also didnt want to give him away to other teams that were probably trying to screw him in a lu trade.

I liked Horvat a lot, so I hope he does well for you guys. My armchair scouting ego got stroked this weekend when Horvat went before Domi/Zadorov. When I watched London play last November, I was focusing on Domi/Zadorov who were ranked higher on TSN/ISS/etc. Horvat had less flash than Domi but had a much more effective game that night. It was oddly satisfying to see Horvat rise up the rankings throughout the year.

Also, awesome avatar. Luongo needs to work his 'da bad guy' persona and toothpick flicking skills.

John Iadevaia

May 9, 2013
Long Island

Schneider will quickly become the most liked guy in the locker room, easily.

I'd love to see him impersonate Zubrus or Clarkson (if he's still around).

If he ever speaks like Lou (accent and all), that would be gold.....and then he'd be stapled to the bench for 20 games for insubordination

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
I already love Schneids. I cant wait to get his shirt jersey or shirsey or whatever the **** those things are called.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
18338110150101106992987.jpg

Good start? :naughty:

Oh man, he's been planning to steal Marty's job all along :laugh:

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
The stunning trade that Lou made this past Sunday is a steal, but only if he can lock up Corey Schneider to a long term contract next summer. Lou better be prepared to pay Schneider big time money especially if he continues to put up top 5 goalie numbers for the next 2 seasons.

Price is making 6.5 per year and Rinne is playing under a 7 million per year contract!!!!!!!!

So Schneider with New Jersey's high cost of living and if he produces could be looking at anywhere from 6.5 to 7.5 per year on his contract. The Devils will have to ensure that they have enough cap room to accomodate him. I also think they will have to compete with 12 teams for his services. The teams are Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Islanders, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Florida, Chicago, St. Louis, San Jose, Edmonton, Calgary, and Colorado.

Lou better blow him out of the water next year with an extension deal like he did with Zajac because I would be afraid that Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Florida, Chicago, St. Louis, and San Jose would throw wads of money at him to be their goalie.

Pittsburgh Fleury only has 2 years left at 5 per!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Montreal Price has 5 more years at 6.5 per and they just drafted Furcale
Washington Holtby has 2 more years left and is a RFA after 2014-2015 season
Boston Rask is a RFA so hopefully the Bruins lock him up long term
Toronto Just traded assets for Jonathan Bernier
Rangers Lundqvist contract is up after 2014 and he will want top $
Ottawa Anderson only has 2 more years at 3.1875 and he will be UFA
Islanders Their goalie situation is in flux right now--wonder what they do?
Winnipeg Pavalec has 4 more seasons on his contract at 3.9 per year
Philadelphia Are they really handing the reins to Steve Mason going forward?
Buffalo Miller is a UFA after 2014 so G will be addressed long-term in 2014
Carolina Ward signed through 2015-2016 at 6.3 per
Tampa Bay Ben Bishop has 2 years left before becoming a UFA
Florida Markstrom is a RFA-wow- I think they are worst at G in whole NHL
Chicago Crawford only signed for 1 more season before becoming a UFA
Anaheim Fasth signed for 2 years, but they have Gibson who is a prospect
Vancouver Luongo locked up long term at 5.3
St. Louis Halak and Elliott are ufa after this upcoming season
Los Angeles Quick locked up long term at 5.8 per year salary cap
San Jose Niemi only has 2 years left at 3.8 per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detroit Howard has 6 years left with a cap hit of 5.291667
Minnesota Backstrom locked up for 3 more years at 3.416667 salary cap hit
Columbus Bobrovsky signed a 2 year deal and when it expires he is still RFA
Phoenix Smith just signed a 6 year deal at 5.6 per
Dallas Lehtonen still has 5 years left at 5.9 salary cap hit
Edmonton Dubnyk is a UFA after 2014 so they will address G after 2014
Calgary With Kiprusoff retiring who is their goalie in 2013-2014????????????
Nashville Pekka Rinne locked up for 6 more years at 7 million per year!!!!!
Colorado Varlamov was the worst NHL starting goalie last year. He is a RFA after next season. They need to address this position, but it will be before
Schneider becomes a UFA.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
you do realize that Brodeur's money comes off next year, and Schneider already makes $4, right?

its not like he'll be going from $1 million/year to $7 million/year. hes only looking at about a $2-2.5 million raise.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Good point. I guess if Marty sticks around as a backup like Hedberg did the last 2 seasons Marty would get 2 million per year. Hedberg got 1.4 so Marty should be worth a little bit more.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I imagine Lou will try to lock Cory up long term for about 6M. of course that all depends what happens in the next two years but yeah

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I don't think 6 million per will be enough. If Lundqvist has another top season and if Schneider's stats are similar to Lundqvist he is going to want what Lundqvist got.

If I was Schneider I would wait to see what Lundqvist gets next summer and then ask for a similar contract. If Lou lowballs him he would be insulted and then we would have another Parise on our hands.

DevilChuk*

I don't think 6 million per will be enough. If Lundqvist has another top season and if Schneider's stats are similar to Lundqvist he is going to want what Lundqvist got.

If I was Schneider I would wait to see what Lundqvist gets next summer and then ask for a similar contract. If Lou lowballs him he would be insulted and then we would have another Parise on our hands.

Lundqvist has a Vezina (thanks Bob) while Schneider does not. They won't get nearly the same money even if they put up similar stats because Lundqvist has the pedigree. Expect Lundqvist to ask for 7.5-8.5M a year while Schneider in the range of 5.5M-6.5M depending on how he does these next two years.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
every day i get happier and happier about this trade. which is why im glad lou runs the team and i do not

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
When I watch Luongo play, I'm excited to see incredible desperation saves because he gets so out of position. :laugh:

When I watch Schneider play, I actually appreciate goaltending. His positioning is outstanding and he's pretty damn flexible as well.

He is so damn calm and well-spoken. When you see his high save percentage maybe you think it's because he's on a good team, but it's not true. Our D has been horrendous since Jan 2012. Since then, our D leaves our goalies out to dry even more than before.

Schneider is an amazing goalie. Take care of him.

Sounds like Scheids is a Lou kind of guy. He'll also love Pete DeBoer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad