Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
What makes everyone so sure he will be up with the big club soon enough? I'd like to believe he will, but I'm not sure.

Because his main reason for requesting a trade was to get more playing time in the NHL.
Don't have a roster spot for him right now, hence the AHL assignment.

He'll definitely get his shot. If he doesn't stick, it's a 5th round pick to help out some limp offense in Albany for the remainder of the season. No biggie.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
What makes everyone so sure he will be up with the big club soon enough? I'd like to believe he will, but I'm not sure.

I would like to see Matteau go back. I see no reason for us to keep him around. Let him finish the year in the juniors, and see where he's at this Summer. If I had to guess I see him gone next week or maybe the week after at most.

I think he'll easily be given a look on the 4th with Yayo and Butler. That line could have some potential.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Hes better defensively and he has a much better hockey IQ then Ted

Perhaps higher hockey IQ, but he isn't really a defensive player. He has zero physicality to his game. He was the softest player in the organization. Loktionov thrives on being elusive and using his stick. It is not like he only cherry picks or something, but he isn't really the player you are looking for if you need a two-way forward. He is mostly a one way player and he will avoid excessive contact. It wouldn't take much for him to get injured along the boards as he is a smaller player with a problematic shoulder, so he naturally stays away from physical battles. He relies more on stick checking and takeaways. A good look at what he is good at, in terms of defense (he's #48):

Another shift of his during the playoffs:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I would like to see Matteau go back. I see no reason for us to keep him around. Let him finish the year in the juniors, and see where he's at this Summer. If I had to guess I see him gone next week or maybe the week after at most.

Speaking of which, is there a limit as to how long we can keep him on the roster, not play him, and not effect his contract status?

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey

Players with hockey sense thrive here.

Also, Carter, Bernier, Butler, Zidlicky, Salvador, and Hedberg all either regained their former prowess or proved to be effective NHLers after other teams wrote them off. So the odds are in our favor.

Flame Demers*

with henrique in OHL he had 33 points in 20 playoff games, against tough compitiion

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

Maybe he won't be good enough, but a fair shot to make the team ? no doubt he's going to get it.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Because his main reason for requesting a trade was to get more playing time in the NHL.
Don't have a roster spot for him right now, hence the AHL assignment.

He'll definitely get his shot. If he doesn't stick, it's a 5th round pick to help out some limp offense in Albany for the remainder of the season. No biggie.
Sounds good then! I'd like to see what he's got. I'm not saying he won't be, but everyone sounded confident he's gonna be with the big club soon, and I was just wondering why. I'm pretty excited, and I forgot he asked for the trade to get some NHL time.

Speaking of which, is there a limit as to how long we can keep him on the roster, not play him, and not effect his contract status?
No I don't think there is. Knowing the NHL though they'll charge us with ''Entry level contract circumvention'' or something though.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Perhaps higher hockey IQ, but he isn't really a defensive player. He has zero physicality to his game. He was the softest player in the organization. Loktionov thrives on being elusive and using his stick. It is not like he only cherry picks or something, but he isn't really the player you are looking for if you need a two-way forward. He is mostly a one way player and he will avoid excessive contact. It wouldn't take much for him to get injured along the boards as he is a smaller player with a problematic shoulder, so he naturally stays away from physical battles. He relies more on stick checking and takeaways. A good look at what he is good at, in terms of defense (he's #48):

Another shift of his during the playoffs:

ArtyomZyr's youtube videos FTW !!! ;)

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Another shift of his during the playoff

As long as he's not 100% completely lost in the d zone he's better defensively than Tedenby.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
As long as he's not 100% completely lost in the d zone he's better defensively than Tedenby.

:laugh: Fair enough. He isn't completely lost.

He would never have been a King if that were the case, since our mantra that is repeated ad nauseam by Lombardi, Murray, and Sutter for years now is defense.

So, he knows how to backcheck and will retrieve pucks. He just won't fight for them or be physical, which isn't really a knock, he just can't because he will be tossed aside like a rag doll, but once he gets the puck, it isn't easy to catch him.

As stated, he is very shifty and can move around well in tight spaces. It was always cat and mouse with him. Put a sniper out there with him and he'll find them though.

Spitsfan67*

He is a former teammate of Henrique when hey played down here in Windsor during the Mem cup years... This guy has potential, when he played here he was amazing and put you in aww sometimes with his moves, he has great hands and can stick handle in a phone booth and is more of a pass firs type player but has a good shot, only If he was a bit more physical and had about another 25 pounds on his frame.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

He would never have been a King if that were the case, since our mantra that is repeated ad nauseam by Lombardi, Murray, and Sutter for years now is defense.

So, he knows how to backcheck and will retrieve pucks. He just won't fight for them or be physical, which isn't really a knock, he just can't because he will be tossed aside like a rag doll, but once he gets the puck, it isn't easy to catch him.

As stated, he is very shifty and can move around well in tight spaces. It was always cat and mouse with him. Put a sniper out there with him and he'll find them though.

Start Loki out with Butler and if he does well, move him up . Butler is primarily a guy who looks to shoot first

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Is he more of a playmaker than a goal scorer would you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad