Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I doubt he stays in the ahl long, matteau is probably getting the Lou ten games treatment before being sent back to juniors so lokti comes up after that. Darche gets passed on since we already have at least three guys doing what darche would do in the cbgb line.

Lokti gets plopped with henrique and kovy, scores a few pts and gets kovy going and zajac plays with Elias and clarky who appear to have plenty of chemistry and meanwhile we get a real 3rd line with zubrus yayo and butler. Cbgb goes back to being the best 4th line ever. Rotate goon in for butler every so often. Win cup.

Great move Lou!

glad you have it all figured out sounds good to me

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is Loktionov exempt from waivers? I know he's not on an entry level anymore.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
My thanks to Lemaire for everything he's done for this team but...

This team has a different philosophy under Pete and players will have to fulfill different roles because of that. Josefson might have to be one of those victims.

Then again, this me talking out of my ass right now - we'll see what Pete's plans actually are.

I mean, Yayo would probably do fine at wing too. It's not like he has much of an offensive game anyway, so what's the worst that could happen? He scores negative goals?

If he can handle the defensive responsibilities at centre I'm sure he can play wing. But I'm still hesitant.

I feel like he'd be great on a line with josefson and butler. Yayo can take the faceoffs. That line would be weak physically, but two great, heady playmakers with a solid sniper would be a good bottom six line

Nothing wrong with having a scoring fourth line. I feel like DeBoer will demand more grit there though.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
If he feels like he has a legitimate shot to make the team here, he'll stick around. If not, a fifth round pick for a random half season rental isn't much.

DevilsAnimal*

Also has anyone mentioned yet that this kid has played with Henrique in windsor?

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I pretty much just want Matteau out of here. No reason to keep him up past next week. Especially when he will have been a healthy scratch more games than he played. Let him go back to the juniors, and see where he's at come Summertime.

This will open up a spot for Loktionov. Signing Darche wouldn't be the worst thing. Don't see a need for him at this point though really. A PKer/4th line/borderline 3rd line guy.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Butler came up and people said he was weak on the boards and didnt go there, however in his last games i have seen him on the boards and winning some battles.

If we can get the same out of Loki with this great vision and passing abilities he has it should create some goals chances for the team.

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
Butler came up and people said he was weak on the boards and didnt go there, however in his last games i have seen him on the boards and winning some battles.

If we can get the same out of Loki with this great vision and passing abilities he has it should create some goals chances for the team.

You mean this Loki?

Loki-evil-32639754-500-533.jpg

I see great GDT potential.

Last edited:

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I'm guessing he gets a few in the minors first. Probably gets a chance to play since bodies will begin to pile

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
10 pages and nobody's posted what's important. What is he rated in NHL 13. :sarcasm:

And he's quite lovely as a 3rd line center for me in our board's PS3 online GM League. I blame his lack of points in that role on my usage though, not a knock on his ability. So everyone should be happy with the trade.

DaDucks*

Lokti for a 5th????
Lol
U guys are stoked... He's a good hockey player... It's just tricky to find a home for him
(Line wise)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Im just speculating . Russian kid who doesnt get a shot to play in the NHL ,and could get much more money in the KHL.

It is also want a lot of the Kings fans have been saying, plus their is a quote from their GM I think where he said he was a flight risk to the KHL since he is in the last year of his contract. Why some on the trade board figure the price was so cheap. So if he doesn't get NHL time he is most likely going to bolt. Still for a 5th its as low risk as you can be with lots of reward. Plus there is no reason to NOT give him a shot with Matteau just kind of eating a roster spot ATM. No reason to have Barch play every night if it can be helped.

With the deadline so late in the season I'd imagine Lou would like to get as close as he can so he can better survey the landscape and make the best trade possible, especially when the sellers finally go into sell mode. Sure he would love to survive with what he has and small trades like this to keep us in contention and do the regular season work, and he can make a trade solely for a potential playoff run. At least that would be the ideal scenario. A big trade to rescue the team will cost more then one he makes on his own terms with us already in playoff position.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
My opinion if he gets called up:

Henrique/Loktionov-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Loktionov/Henrique-Clarkson
Zubrus-Josefson-Butler
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

OR change it up and promote JJ to the second line:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Josefson-Clarkson
Zubrus-Loktionov-Butler
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Is Gionta necessarily a player that is strong? I wouldn't say so, and he does well in our system. If Loktionov can be passable in the defensive zone and be aggressive on the forecheck I think he'll do ok.

Man I wish we could have kept Ponikarovsky. Zubrus-Loktionov-Ponikarovsky might have been a good line.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If he goes KHL this year. What are chances he comes back next year if given a training camp invite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad