Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Because he just got traded for a 5th round pick and you want to compare him to our newest first round pick? That right there should raise a red flag. Matteau will ultimately develop into a better all around player and I'm not wasting my time to explain or justify myself.

To be honest, Loki got traded for a 5th rounder because he publicly asked for a trade, giving buyers the upper hand, a pending RFA and also because he could be a KHLer just in a few months.

frankiedue

Jan 23, 2007
Springfield, NJ
Because he just got traded for a 5th round pick and you want to compare him to our newest first round pick? That right there should raise a red flag. Matteau will ultimately develop into a better all around player and I'm not wasting my time to explain or justify myself.

I agree with Eggers. Just because he got traded for a 5th round pick means his upside is lower than Matteau's??? Remember, Loktionov has lost almost all value because it is believed he will sign with the KHL after this season is over. He is also having a "down" year in the AHL compared to previous years (only 22 points in 37 games).

What can we really hope for Matteau in his prime years? A physical 2nd/3rd liner who can score 15-18 goals?

The scouting reports on Loktionov talk about 1st line potential. He scored almost a point per game pace as a 19 year old in the AHL. So he couldn't crack the lineup of a Stanley Cup team who is stacked down the middle. That means his upside is lower than that of a 2nd/3rd liner?

None of us really know what will happen with these players, but as a prospect analysis, you have to say Loktionov has higher upside than Matteau.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
No, of course not. That's ridiculous. Are you even trying? I'm not sure why this is getting you so flustered.

But yes, of course. Corrente playing fourth line forward as a defensemen 3 years ago makes him our best defensive prospect right now. Nailed it.

Same argument you used. If he was trusted in playoff games he's good in your books. What's wrong, don't like it when your argument gets used against you?

frankiedue

Jan 23, 2007
Springfield, NJ
Same argument you used. If he was trusted in playoff games he's good in your books. What's wrong, don't like it when your argument gets used against you?

This is afterall the HFBoards. If you look at the HF ratings, Loktionov has a 7.5C, Matteau a 7.0C.

Not saying that HF rankings are gospel, but we're not really going against the grain saying Loktionov has higher upside than Matteau.

DevilsAnimal*

Id join the argument

but in my current state, the word **** and ***** would be used about 42 times a sentence

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Howdy - King's fan here. FYI, Loktionov's nickname from his teammates in the minors was "Jimmy Neutron" because of his genius hockey IQ.

Kings fans are fatalistic about giving away another young forward with potential for a song and dance. Matt Moulson, Teddy Purcell, Brian Boyle - they've all gone on to have successful NHL careers with other teams. With that record, we figure NJ is the newest team to benefit.

Believe this is wrong. First, he got that nickname in Windsor, not Manchester. Second, I believe he got it because his teammates thought he looked like him. Also, I hate the nickname Loki. It's Lokti. ;)

One thing I didn't say about Andrei before - he absolutely ****ing LOVES this game. If he scores for you, you will see an absolutely giant smile on his face. Whenever I've seen him, he's smiling and laughing. You can just tell he has a passion for the game. Also met him in Calgary a few years back. A little under half the team came over to sign autographs after a morning skate and he was one of them, despite having poor English. He stopped and took a photo with me as well. Was awesome. Great lockerroom guy (if you speak Russian).

Also, since you guys got a steal on Lokti, can you guys now do us a favor and take one of/both Penner and Stoll? PLEASE?!

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
This is afterall the HFBoards. If you look at the HF ratings, Loktionov has a 7.5C, Matteau a 7.0C.

Not saying that HF rankings are gospel, but we're not really going against the grain saying Loktionov has higher upside than Matteau.

Well ****, there goes my argument. Sorry guys!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Believe this is wrong. First, he got that nickname in Windsor, not Manchester. Second, I believe he got it because his teammates thought he looked like him. Also, I hate the nickname Loki. It's Lokti. ;)

One thing I didn't say about Andrei before - he absolutely ****ing LOVES this game. If he scores for you, you will see an absolutely giant smile on his face. Whenever I've seen him, he's smiling and laughing. You can just tell he has a passion for the game. Also met him in Calgary a few years back. A little under half the team came over to sign autographs after a morning skate and he was one of them, despite having poor English. He stopped and took a photo with me as well. Was awesome. Great lockerroom guy (if you speak Russian).

Also, since you guys got a steal on Lokti, can you guys now do us a favor and take one of/both Penner and Stoll? PLEASE?!

Well we are the diner capital of the world so we could try and lure Penner here for you with heaps and heaps of pancakes.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Well we are the diner capital of the world so we could try and lure Penner here for you with heaps and heaps of pancakes.

You can have him. No trade backs. Seriously. We'll take future considerations and consider ourselves lucky.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You can have him. No trade backs. Seriously. We'll take future considerations and consider ourselves lucky.

You guys really want Penner out of there huh? I wouldn't mind him here. Has he been a healthy scratch for you guys? Seems like a Lou deal if he's interested. Lou, and Lombardi seem to be willing to do business together. I thought maybe they had a falling out, but the interviews during the SCF it seems not.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
You guys really want Penner out of there huh? I wouldn't mind him here. Has he been a healthy scratch for you guys? Seems like a Lou deal if he's interested. Lou, and Lombardi seem to be willing to do business together. I thought maybe they had a falling out, but the interviews during the SCF it seems not.

First game of the year he looked great. Really physical, moving his feet, and those two make chances for him. Then the last game he played he took a few absolutely boneheaded penalties and turnovers and was awful. Please take Penner and Stoll. I wanted both gone this offseason but of course they were both brought back. Really the ONLY reason Penner was was because we won the Cup and our team is incredibly tight. He's done nothing for us outside of that cup run.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
First game of the year he looked great. Really physical, moving his feet, and those two make chances for him. Then the last game he played he took a few absolutely boneheaded penalties and turnovers and was awful. Please take Penner and Stoll. I wanted both gone this offseason but of course they were both brought back. Really the ONLY reason Penner was was because we won the Cup and our team is incredibly tight. He's done nothing for us outside of that cup run.

Maybe he could benefit from a change of scenery? Penalties, and turnovers are something we're having a hard time with right now!:laugh:

There was a rumor we were in on Stoll last season sometime.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
No comments from Lou on the trade and player we're getting?

typical Lou. Hopefully today, would be interesting to hear his reasoning/thought for trading for Loktionov.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Can anybody name a player/prospect that was described as "top 6 or bust" that has become a useful NHL player with any type of prolonged career?

I'm sure there must be a couple? But I really can't think of one?

That definition is usually reserved for players that can't do anything particularly well but has a slickness to their game....problem is that slickness almost never translates well to the drudgery of an NHL game.

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Can anybody name a player/prospect that was described as "top 6 or bust" that has become a useful NHL player with any type of prolonged career?

That definition is usually reserved for players that can't do anything particularly well but has a slickness to their game....problem is that slickness almost never translates well to the drudgery of an NHL game.

Bobby Carpenter
Radek Bonk

GM17*

Ilya Kovalchuk

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Bobby Carpenter
Radek Bonk

Bobby Carpenter jumped from high school. I don't think he counts as a top 6 or bust. That dude was a player.

Radek Bonk, now you might have an argument on your hands.

As for this trade, it's a fantastic deal for both teams. And potentially a very small thanks for the Cup from Dean to Lou. It's a mostly fair trade, but leaning towards the Devils if you ask me.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Ilya Kovalchuk

Oh, you went there.
popcorn.gif

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
The more I'm reading about him this morning, I think he's going to see Kovalchuk a lot on his double shifts. Could work out well in the right situation. (5v5 offensive zone draws)

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

i believe i speak only for myself when i say "meh"

You really have high standards :laugh:

- Kovy not scoring when we're winning games
- Us getting a promising "prospect" for a 5th (aka PL3 type of return)
- Yadayada

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
You really have high standards :laugh:

- Kovy not scoring when we're winning games
- Us getting a promising "prospect" for a 5th (aka PL3 type of return)
- Yadayada

- our first line not scoring while we're 1 game over .500

-typical low risk high reward move, but i dont think lou's done dealing and im going to reserve judgement until i hear from Lou on this trade and its implications

not sure if i have high standards or tunnel vision

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad